Do Your Cats Get Hangry?

Sonatine

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've come to the conclusion that my new(ish) cat Mischief gets hangry.

Generally, my cats actually get along really well, despite having been together for only a few weeks. They play, lay next to each other, and even occasionally lick each other.

But if it's near mealtime, Mischief plays much rougher. Usually the other cat wins their wrestling matches (despite being much smaller). But Missy plays rough to the point of getting hissed at when she's hungry.

The only explanation I can come up with is hanger.:lol: I'm not worried about it or anything since an occasional spat is to be expected and it's never very serious. Anyone else's cats get a case of hanger?

Hellenww

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Definately! Mine are 11 & 13 yrs. They get a big burst of energy, chase and wrestle when they are hungry. Since neither will play with a toy for very long now I try to wait intil I then to feed them dinner. They have dry out so they are not starving.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sparkle gets super hangry! And she will take it out on Lelia. Lelia doesn't seem to let it get to her, though, so it's fine. I mean, I get hangry myself, lol!

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep! We tried switching Trin’s food and he went on a hunger strike. He was sooooo grumpy!

He also would get agitated even if he was not “hangry”, usually if we fed them off their usual schedule. We had three cats at the time and the newest , Olive, was not integrated yet because Gohan kept chasing her. Yet at mealtimes Gohan was the perfect gentleman, and he would sit calmly and wait to be fed. Olive would bravely creep to the kitchen and calmly sit and wait. Trin would pace back and forth, meowing demandingly and occasionally whacking cats in the face, who docilely dodged out of the way and regained their composure.

Wolfwhisper

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat Panther doesn't seem to ever get mad, he does yell at me when he's hungry though XD. He has a kinda high-pitched voice, and he will let out a long meow (or mew?) when he's hungry. I guess he gets demanding rather than hangry, lol!