do your cats answer to all their nicknames?

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sabastian answers to all his nicknames, which is crazy cause he has so many.

Nipper answers to most, hes still learning some.

Princess is just starting to learn her real name and sometimes she will answer to princy as well.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The girls will sometimes answer to their name, but when we want them both to come, well yell "Babies" and they come running!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All three of mine know their nicknames and will come if they are of a mind to.

Sassy is AKA Fuzzy Butt
Pixie is AKA Chubbers
Linus is AKA Brat.

To be honest though I get the same results when I call them by their proper names as well. More often then not I will get that leave a message and I will get back to stare.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When they're in the mood...but they do know their nicknames. Speck also knows if we sing "Hoochie-Mama, Hoochie-Mama shake it, shake it, shake it," we're talking to him.

rahma

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She answers to all the variations of Squeaky - the Squeakster and Grunty McSqueakerton - as well as kitty. I don't use her other nicknames to call her, just when I'm talking with her - lap lion, sofa sphinx, couch cat.

wyatturpsmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I would say most of mine will answer to their names/nicknames. However, they ALL respond to Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner/Treats no matter where they are or what they are doing! I usually trip over them getting into the kitchen.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nurseangel

When they're in the mood...but they do know their nicknames. Speck also knows if we sing "Hoochie-Mama, Hoochie-Mama shake it, shake it, shake it," we're talking to him.
thats so cute...me n mark sing "you are pretty...oh so pretty" to Princess

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I honestly don't believe cats and dogs know their names - no matter what I call my cats/dogs they always come. I think it's just my voice but yes they do have nicknames.

Elmo - Momo, Bobo, Elmossedy J, Meowmo, Palmsy

Sophie - Soph

Flutterby - Flutt, Flutty, Flutterbeebee, Nutterby

Fluffy - is fwuffles, fluffles

[What can I say I'm crazy!]

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Both of my boys answer to all of their names, but usually they are all variations of their real names. They have first and middle names and respond to either.

Spooky Joe answers to either Spooky or Joe and to: Pookie, Jo-Jo, Pookie-Joe, SuperJoe, etc.
Mulder Max answers to either Mulder or Max and to: Maximus, Maxi-Mouse/Moose, Mulderman, etc.

They also both come running when I say “Whereâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s my boys?†and of course they both respond very well to the call of a can being opened, or a treat bag rattle.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by wyatturpsmom

However, they ALL respond to Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner/Treats no matter where they are or what they are doing! I usually trip over them getting into the kitchen.

Mine all know their nicknames, and all the variations of them, too. But with ten cats, I don't think I'll list them all b/c I'd end up writing a book!

Maverick has a thing for those little geckos, and if I yell "Lizard!", he'll come running. It just cracks me up!

Of course, their favorite word of all is "Tuna!"

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jack comes to Jack, Junior (which is what hubby calls him--refuses to call him Jack), June, June Bug, Fuzzy Britches, poopy butt

Harley comes to the sound of dry food hitting the food bowl or plates hitting the counter--8 months here and he doesn't respond to Harley, "wookie" which is what his name was at the shelter he's our "special" cat.

Le

caitsith

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes!
Daisy answers to Baby Moo or Moo Moo ! And Tabitha answers to Pumpkin and Sugar Plum ! What they get called, depends on how naughty they are being at the time! Ie: Tabbs!,Tabbbi!,TABITHA!! TABITHA MILLER !!!
Usually followd by PUT THAT DOWN NOW !!!

hermione2011

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Buddy will answer to his real name, Buddy-cat, or Bud-bud. Pudgy (a kitten we're pretty sure is Buddy's...heh) usually answers to her name or Pudge. She's still figuring out that she indeed has a name. LOL.

twokatz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Nope, mine don't answer to anything, unless they think there is food involved

binkyhoo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Binks comes to any words as long as I use the "Kitty talk tone" in my voice. I could call, "here polychloride, where is my cute little spatula, I have a bowl of used tires for you" and she would come if i use the sing-songy kitty voice.

kittieshasme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Anna answers to her name and Punkinhead. Her name before I got her was Annie which she did not answer to. It took a couple of months before she started answering to Anna.

Elijah Blue-eyes knows if I use his whole name he's in trouble. I usually call him Eli or Eja Blue and he responds to either.

ben234

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yeah,
My very gassy cat Oliver answers to the name Stinky

Mia, Cleo and Oliver aka Stinky