Do you watch any weird YouTube videos?

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've recently gotten into watching various YouTube channels with specific content and I was wondering if anyone else had unique tastes when it comes to the videos they choose. For me, I really like watching rug cleaning videos or videos where something gets deep cleaned or basically anything where there is a before and after element. I also love watching cake or cookie decorating, wood turning, glass blowing, and other crafting things that I can't do myself.

What about you?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like the Wintergarten channels. This guy has built a large machine thing that uses marbles to play music. He has two channels on the machine, one is all videos on how he built the machine and all the troubleshooting he's had to do with various parts.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like to watch Let's Plays, as well as historical education shows and Hoarders.

I also like to keep up with this-
It's a show-by-show history of Nickelodeon, which I grew up watching. He's finally reaching shows that I have memories of, but it's been very interesting to hear about what came before as well.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watch blackhead, cyst, etc...removal videos...some think it's gross, but it's just so satisfying. I have also recently come across car crash videos...not bad ones where you see people get hurt, it's more the ridiculousness of bad drivers/dash cam footage. It's not something I watch regularly, I just got sucked in last weekend. :paperbag: I also think it's funny to watch "reaction videos" of people who watch/listen to a song/music video for the first time. Some of their reactions are super funny, but I also think.....How on earth have they never heard this song before!!!! I used to watch animal rescue videos, but it just makes me sad....I know they get better, but I hate seeing the "before". I tend to only watch you tube videos when I'm super bored and have nothing to do (or too lazy to do anything productive ;)) so I haven't spent any time looking for/finding "quality programming". :lol:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like to watch Let's Plays, as well as historical education shows and Hoarders.

I also like to keep up with this-
It's a show-by-show history of Nickelodeon, which I grew up watching. He's finally reaching shows that I have memories of, but it's been very interesting to hear about what came before as well.
Ooh, that looks really interesting! I'll have to check it out.

I watch a lot of youtube while breastfeeding, lol. It's easy and mindless. So I have time.

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have definitely gone down the YouTube rabbit hole! I have a bad tendency to watch documentaries or clips of catastrophes (tsunamis, earthquakes, plane crashes, 9/11). I also enjoy watching science videos (even though I don’t like science) because some experiments or reactions are fascinating.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I recently wandered into the "weird side of you tube" and got hooked on a show called "Strange but True Stories". The show covers stories about Ghosts, Creepy Pasta, Cryptids, encounters with UFO's and Aliens,etc. The narrator has such a soothing voice. I find the stories entertaining, even though I am skeptical over a number of them.🙂

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like videos. . .I must have some degree of Sensory Processing Disorder because I find it hard to understand most talking in videos without closed captioning, and the CC on most Youtube videos is terrible, lol. Plus I find most people's (people who aren't trained actors) mannerisms annoying/distracting. I prefer reading, and can go down the Reddit rabbithole very easily. I especially like Glitch in the Matrix kinds of stories. But occasionally I do enjoy watching before-and-after pressure washer videos. No talking in those ;).

Bri5

Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I recently wandered into the "weird side of you tube" and got hooked on a show called "Strange but True Stories". The show covers stories about Ghosts, Creepy Pasta, Cryptids, encounters with UFO's and Aliens,etc. The narrator has such a soothing voice. I find the stories entertaining, even though I am skeptical over a number of them.🙂
Mr Ballen? I watched several of his, got thoroughly creeped out, and quit. LoL

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like videos. . .I must have some degree of Sensory Processing Disorder because I find it hard to understand most talking in videos without closed captioning, and the CC on most Youtube videos is terrible, lol. Plus I find most people's (people who aren't trained actors) mannerisms annoying/distracting. I prefer reading, and can go down the Reddit rabbithole very easily.
me too. I always have to have subtitles for everything. But I get to distracted when I read (ADHD), so I have to watch a video. I usually end up reading the comments at the same time, though.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love pimple popping and chilling tales for dark night's. I've just discovered Mr Ballen through my son. And not so weird Cole and marmalade, and Simon's cat. And I used to watch talking kitty cat even though there's lot's of swear words. Was gutted when Steve passed.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will have to check that one out. I like to watch videos on YouTube about scary stories.

Current videos that I like to watch are babies dancing to "Uptown Funk" and Gilbert O'Sullivan videos.