Do you think these toys would be good for my bored cat?

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Depends on the individual cats and preference. My boy LOVES balls on tracks but prefers the round single level ones. He likes me to get it going then he bats it back and forth for a while. I've never tried a longer track but I have tried multi level and the single is a winner. He also adores anything with strong catnip smells so the catnip carrots or rainbows that are just solid catnip inside is a winner with him.

My mom's cats doesn't really like toys except hair elastics (supervised play only on these). My girl pretends she doesn't like toys except when no one is looking she goes crazy for them. She also has a strong preference for toys with feathers and wand types. Its kind of like how some cats prefer cardboard to cloth scratches or some prefer horizontal to vertical (or slanted to either of those).

The turn around looks interesting as a treat/food toy.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Trixie puzzles she would not get bored with because of cut up treats or dry food. Only one of my cats likes the first 2. They all like cats meow electronic toy and ripple rug. I have toys scattered around my apt for them to hide in cubes then pounce. I would worry about ants with the trixie puzzle. Also ripple rug
Occasionally peaches will play with the 3 tier if I put it in front of something she hides in

Last edited:

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
The motorized cat wand did not work for us because Jamie jumped on it and held it down until the motor burned out...three times, so we stopped with that one. My friend has had success with it as her cat chases the wand.

Mine like the ball in the track and wands with feathers. Crinkle tunnels are probably the biggest hit and they play in them together without me initiating it.

SpecterOhPossum

spec's pet human
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Not sure about these but he's young enough to easily be taught to walk on harness, can't really get bored of walks.

kittenmittens84

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think it really depends on the cat, my cat doesn’t really care about the track type toys or really plastic balls in general, but I know other cats love them.

These are one of our all time favorites: https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petco...ather-mouse-cat-toys-medium-pack-of-3-3109360 (vegetarians beware, they’re made with deer fur). You can attach them to a wand toy and play that way but my cat honestly prefers it just by itself. He’ll fling it around and pounce on it for hours, it’s great for when he wants to play but I have work to do.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it really depends on the cat, my cat doesn’t really care about the track type toys or really plastic balls in general, but I know other cats love them.

These are one of our all time favorites: https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petco...ather-mouse-cat-toys-medium-pack-of-3-3109360 (vegetarians beware, they’re made with deer fur). You can attach them to a wand toy and play that way but my cat honestly prefers it just by itself. He’ll fling it around and pounce on it for hours, it’s great for when he wants to play but I have work to do.
They love the go cat catcher with a mouse and the Purrfect leather wand toy( the most)