Do you think my cat is Russian Blue?

Flybynight

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi,
To my understanding they should have bottle green eyes but cats within a breed will vary with how close to the breed standard they are.

Is her coat plush or rather flat to the body?

Were you told she was a Russian Blue when you acquired her?

Beautiful cat if she is or isn't.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I suppose we could say, look alike to a pet quality RB of the British type.

OR, a very nice domestic short hair, solid blue... :)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
btw, if its a uncut boy, a tom, he is even more comparable to a male RB of british type, not show quality but not that much pet quality as was the first impresssion....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Harmoni_q

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’m reading more about the breed. He’s definitely not a RB. I was thinking maybe some RBs have long hair (I have his dad who is long hair- both his parents were street cats), but am guessing since his dad isn’t RB he isn’t either. His name is Dumptruck btw :)

Harmoni_q

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is Dumptruck’s papa, who was named “Kitty”- I read about Nebelung cats and am
Wondering if Kitty is Nebelung….
7D44C4F3-604B-4CA8-B6FA-4F9081896E23.jpeg
7D44C4F3-604B-4CA8-B6FA-4F9081896E23.jpeg

Harmoni_q

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,
To my understanding they should have bottle green eyes but cats within a breed will vary with how close to the breed standard they are.

Is her coat plush or rather flat to the body?

Were you told she was a Russian Blue when you acquired her?

Beautiful cat if she is or isn't.
He has quite dense fur by the way but i feel like it’s not quite flat- after posting this i went down the rabbit hole of reading about RB’s…. He’s tall like one. And lean. And gorgeous.

I adopted him so I have no clue! I adopted his daddy too :).

I’m thinking if they aren’t RB’s maybe there’s some Nebelung in them which comes from the RBs?

Flybynight

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi,
I wrote on your other thread also. Both breeds are Russian cats. You can see cats that look like Nebelungs in Russia. There is a native land race of long haired cats. Some when grey look similar to the breed that was developed from grey, long haired Russian cats. You cat looks similar yes but not necessarily from the same cats who were used for breeding. All long haired cats have a similar origin. Thought to be modern day Turkey or maybe Central Asia.