Do You Think Cuddly Kittens Tend To Become Cuddly Adults?

Issy86

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My Amber is such a snuggle bug. Shes coming up to 13 weeks and since I got her at 8 weeks she has been very attached to me. She comes and cuddles on my lap at every opportunity she gets. Obviously I love this haha. I was thinking its probably just because shes a baby. I'm really hoping she stays a lap cat :)
Shes also so brave and sociable with new people who come to the house and isnt afraid of my two young children one bit, she just wants to be involved in everything they do!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! I don't know, I've seen both situations where as the cat matured there was a personality change, but other cats remained as they were as kittens :)

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it depends on the individual cat. Toffee was a very cuddly kitten and is now an even cuddlier cat, though Fudge was cuddlier as a kitten - he still loves being cuddled and fussed over, but not to the same extent as he did when he was a kitten (more on his own terms nowadays).

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It does depend on the cat. One of mine was a super cuddly kitten, and as an adult, she still is.
The other was an aggressive predator as a kitten. As an adult, she is very cuddly, but has moments of relapse.