Do you talk to your cat in the third person [feline??]?

LAL

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I find myself telling Melody that, 'I don't need a kitty in the refrigerator' [where her kibble is kept], or, 'kitties don't need need that' [insert whatever], or, 'I could use a kitty up here to snuggle'. Do other people do this? Talk to their cat without using the cat's name and just saying what kitties should or shouldn't do.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been known to do this from time to time ;) My boy is attracted to anywhere he shouldn't be, My hubby laughs everytime he hears me telling him, That's how kitten's get stuck. And no that's not for kitten's. Kitten's don't like that.

• Purraise
Reactions: LAL

minish

minish first..
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't do that but Minish loves to hear her name as the third person (to someone else in the house, "hmm, where is minish?have u seen her?" "should we give minish's food?" "isnt minish the cutest of all?"). she loves her name used that way, much more than being adressed directly. she makes slowww winks and slowly half-turns her head when I sing songs with her name inserted :)

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I do this in regards to our food "not for little kitties" because she likes to smell our food and we use a lot of garlic and onion in our meals.

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes , I guess I do. I will often find myself saying "I feel lonely. I could sure use a sweet kitty to watch a movie with me. I could sure use a nice kitty to nap with me". Mittens loved t.v. and would cuddle with me all the time.
He was my t.v. partner. Now that he is gone , I try getting Shadow to watch with me. Sometimes it works , sometimes not.