Do you really think he’s a Maine coon

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
People say cats are any kind of popular breed to get money. But unless a cat has registration papers they are always known as domestic. Yours would be a DLH or domestic long hair. He is tabby I can see by the 'M' on his forehead above/between his eyes. All cats have the tabby gene, even solid colored ones, you can still see faint stripes in the sunlight. Maine Coons have a very distinctive look, long squared-off muzzles, and huge hair-tipped ears. Your boy is beautiful! you are lucky to have found him! I hope to hear more from you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
So he’s just a tabby not a Maine ok interesting to learn

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He could be a purebred, but without papers he is a DLH. He doesn't have the face of a Maine Coon. They have very distinctive faces and huge paws. He could have got his hair from one far back in his lineage though.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope a domestic long hair to me. Some people make up breeds for money while other people it's just they dont understand that most cats don't have any breeds in them at all. Just a long line of strays and farm cats lol.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don’t know if he’s a tabby or a Maine coon or not his owner told says he’s a Maine coon
Did you purchase this Cat from a Breeder belonging to one of these 3 Cat Associations: CFA, ACFA or TICA. ? If not your chances that this Cat being a Purebreed are slim. IMO

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don’t know if he’s a tabby or a Maine coon or not his owner told says he’s a Maine coon
He is gorgeous😻 is he your cat or your friend’s cat? If he is your friend’s cat ask her if she has pedigree papers. To me he looks like a dlh brown tabby with forest cat ancestry. For look alike he looks more like a Siberian than a MC. Even if a cat is a pb, without the registration they are not considered to be.

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
He is gorgeous😻 is he your cat or your friend’s cat? If he is your friend’s cat ask her if she has pedigree papers. To me he looks like a dlh brown tabby with forest cat ancestry. For look alike he looks more like a Siberian than a MC. Even if a cat is a pb, without the registration they are not considered to be.
he’s hers but but also mine and spoiled like a king I don’t think she has his papers

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
Turns out the owner said the old owner had him as a kitten and said he is a Maine coon but has no papers

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Turns out the owner said the old owner had him as a kitten and said he is a Maine coon but has no papers
I suspect they were not truthful. Many people do this. As already mentioned he does not appear to look anything like a Maine Coon and with no papers is not but, is a very good looking cat nonetheless ♥