Do you miss your cat(s) when you're at work or away for very long?

blackcat416

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well when I am ready to leave for work, I say goodbye to each one. I have 8 and I also pet them. Once I get to work I have my Ryan as my wallpaper on my laptop do I tell my computer how handsome it is. Then my mobile phone has another picture of Ryan his first day out on a harness. Everyone in my department owns a pet or two so lunch time we talk pets and look at YouTube video's of cats and dogs. I don't have any children but my life has been filled by my cats. At around 4 each day I call home to talk to the old man on what should we have for dinner, but also ask what the cats did all day. When I walk into the house, if I get a parking spot in front of my house most know my car and they will all be at the door to greet me otherwise I just call there names and they all come to me from various places in the house. I got an assistant, 3 years ago, who has 2 small kids so when it's time to travel he always vollunteers. Which is great for me. So to answer your question, nope I don't miss my cats when at work, I miss them terribly when I'm at work.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't make a big deal about leaving.  I make sure that each gets their morning pets/cuddles, and I count noses before leaving.  I tend to think that making a big fuss before leaving causes separation anxiety in an animal.

When I get home, I count noses again, and give each one a greeting or scritch on the head.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow. Almost 5 years since I posted on this thread, but, as the years have passed, I find that I miss him more and more when I'm gone. I just spent two weeks away, for the holidays, and a neighbor was taking care of him. They do a great job, but he's so shy, he just runs into the closet and they never see him. And, I swear, I thought about him so much while I was gone, how I wanted to just pick him up and cuddle him, how I missed him jumping on the bed and curling up at night.

So, I just hugged him and petted him and talked to him a lot when I got back, and he hasn't stopped purring since.

When I leave in the morning, for work, I don't make a big deal of it, but when I come home at night, I do, actually, make a big deal of it. :)