Do you let your cat sleep in your bed with you at night?

kittygirl321

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

A couple of my babies sleeping on my bed-
All three of them sleep with me usually at the foot of my bed or on the side of me.[emoji]128522[/emoji]
And of course every morning at 6am they all have their ways of waking me up bc they want their breakfast. One of them lays tight on top of my chest and purrs really loud, and a lot of times they will just start meowing really loud and knock stuff over until I get up. I think it's adorable.

Last edited:

Geoffrey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

All three of them sleep with me usually at the foot of my bed or on the side of me.[emoji]128522[/emoji]
And of course every morning at 6am they all have their ways of waking me up bc they want their breakfast. One of them lays tight on top of my chest and purrs really loud, and a lot of times they will just start meowing really loud and knock stuff over until I get up. I think it's adorable.
< I think it's adorable.>

It is certainly not adorable at 4.30  AM!

Regards, from a sleep deprived,

Geoffrey

Geoffrey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

< I think it's adorable.>

It is certainly not adorable at 4.30  AM!

Regards, from a sleep deprived,

Geoffrey

drjohnyyc

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My wife and I let our cat sleep in our room for the first time last night! 

We have only had him for 1 week and typically put him in his room but finally decided to share our room with him. He did wake us up a couple of times through the night but it was very comforting and relaxing feeling the warm, purring, ball of fur curled up next to us. 

We were concerned about being kept awake but I guess we just have to get used to being stepped on while sleeping haha. 

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

My wife and I let our cat sleep in our room for the first time last night! 

We have only had him for 1 week and typically put him in his room but finally decided to share our room with him. He did wake us up a couple of times through the night but it was very comforting and relaxing feeling the warm, purring, ball of fur curled up next to us. 

We were concerned about being kept awake but I guess we just have to get used to being stepped on while sleeping haha. 
How old is your cat?  Some cats do learn to sleep through the night as they get older and learn the patterns of life in your household.  My oldest cat used to wake me up constantly when she was a young kitten and now it only happens once in a while. She seems to like to clean my face on my days off when I am trying to sleep in. Once she is done grooming me though she usually settles in and goes back to sleep.  She still wakes hubby up once in a while grooming him or walking on his face.  It is no longer an every day thing though.

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Absolutely NOT.

Well, maybe just this once since it's really cold out.

Okay, going to be cold all week...so....JUST this week.

That month wasn't so bad, just a few more nights until it's warmer outside.

Dang it's HOT out.  I don't see any problem with a few nights until it cools off.

BUT, ONLY when it's cold, or hot out.  AND THAT'S IT!  NO MORE!

Well, maybe when it's dark out.

AND THAT'S IT!!  NO MORE!

ONLY when it's dark outside can the cat sleep with us.

(Kind of hard to say no to this...........)

Last edited:

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
All of my cats are welcome to sleep with me anytime they want; that is if they can get past Luci-fur. She is the bed guard and she makes the decisions on who gets on my bed and how don't. She will lay on the corner of the bed and swat at the others if they come within reach. Not being mean, just keeping her territory safe. She has claws but hardly ever uses them and believe me when I say that. When she wants to play I have gotten rough with her and the claws never come out. They few times when she accidently hooks me she will stop and lick my hand as though apologizing for using her claws.

theenderkitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I let my cat sleep on my bed. But Misty usually sleeps somewhere near me instead of on my bed

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
The only health related problem I have is allergies but who could resist this face?

BTW, I have to take medicine for outdoor irritants, e.g. trees, pollen, mold, etc. so having a cat doesn't deter me from letting him sleep in my bed.  It actually comforts me, he has the cutest purrrrrrrrr!

juliejac0bs

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, I found them very comfortable to have them sleeping besides me or above my head.

They wake me up in the morning, its I made a living alarm clock. They now know what time a usually wake up.

Dinosnores

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Honestly I don't think I could keep my guy off the bed if I tried. I live in a small apartment and his litter box is in the bedroom, which means no shutting him out at night. Luckily for me he's a perfect gentleman; sleeps at the foot of the bed for most of the night (unless he's feeling needy, then he slithers up onto my chest) and doesn't bother my leopard gecko whose terrarium is right next to the bed. He doesn't even wake me up in the morning begging for food!

The one annoying thing is that he tracks litter pieces onto the comforter, but those are easily cleaned up.

Last edited:

furacious

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You haven't lived unless you were fast asleep, with a cat in each armpit, and they started to fight at 3 AM :)  
Here it was me in bed around 5am and two brawlers landed on my head clawing and freaking out. I do not believe I have ever wiggled backwards faster than that to get out from under them! And our 2 year old daughter had been asleep next to me as well! She slept through the whole thing!

furacious

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
And our cats definitely sleep with us but they rotate people. The only non-rotating one is Harriet, my beloved "bedroom" cat who picked me and refuses to consider another human hers lol and rarely moves away from her throne by her own choice.