Do You Know Of A Elusive Kind Of Cat Food.... ?

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have multiple cats in my house. One of boys is allergic to all poultry. Another cat (not mine) is on urinary care. I have searched and asked my vet about it to, do you know of a chicken free urinary care dry food? I would love to get all the cats eating the same food again! Plus he eats at least half his food out of my boys bowls (which doesn't give home the urinary care he needs.)

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
I did a quick search on Chewy (which I assume you have also done) and didn't come up with anything for dry food. Petflow.com actually has a sorting feature to avoid certain ingredients, but that also didn't show any non-chicken urinary tract food (wet or dry).

With Urinary Care, wet food could be very important, have you ever tried switching them to wet? There are a lot more options for protein with that, and it may be easier to keep them eating their own food. I know it's harder to feed and can be more expensive, but the moisture is super important, especially with urinary tract issues.

Beyond that, maybe a microchip feeder so that each cat can only access their own food.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can't help with food suggestions, but hopefully this will help. The active ingredient in urinary foods is Dl-methionine. This can also be bought as a supplement (usually paste or liquid, I believe). Obviously, switching and then finding the appropriate daily dosage would have to be done in consultation with a vet, but it might be the simplest way to give the (I'm assuming) Flutd cat the support he needs, whilst also allowing for your boy's dietary restrictions.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much!

The cats get fed wet food for dinner .... and we are slowly getting our semi-feral with urinary issues used to eating wet food dinner and wet food lunch. It is kinda hit and miss ATM ... he is really picky and needs variety. He does eat the fancy feast broths but those are not really food. He also likes the love bug recipe of lamb/pork I feed my boys. It seems if it has fish in it or smothered in gravy he loves it.

I think supplementing his wet food dinner might be the best bet. Thank you!