Do You Know Anyone Willing To Offer A Temporary Foster Home In Southeastern Arizona?

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay, you keep Tiger.
Be careful camping, the winds are going to pick up in the next few weeks.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Those friends have an outdoor patio/BBQ area separate from the home, there's an outbuilding with partial fence which makes a fine windbreak, and whichever tent I use will be securely staked down. I have two tents, one large, one a bit smaller, the large one has an (unintentional) kitty door---two zippered flaps, one on each side of an enclosed vestibule, so if I leave the flaps partially open a cat can enter and exit the tent. The zippers run in such a way that I can zip them up off the ground or tent floor and keep most bugs & small varmints out of the tent. :confused:

I already used this tent in the field and the flaps worked great for Sage & Crackhead, who were both with me at the time. At dusk, I'll probably put Crackhead in the car with food, water, blankets & his litter box. Did that before as well, and he was perfectly comfortable, he just settled down and took a big ol' nap every time. I'd let him out once the sun was up, and he was fine, not fazed by the car at all. There's an older guy watching my friend's property, a neighbor staying at the home, so the extra human activity will help keep varmints away. :blackcat:

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ya know, there IS the possibility that some 11th-hour job offer will come through and I don't sell my current home after all, just dig myself out of a small financial hole... but if that doesn't happen, I don't mind letting go of this home, it has been comfortable and the views are magnificent, but there will be other views. The best views of all are the ones with kittehs in them!!! LOL. :bigeyes:

I must admit that I drank quite a few beers last night, thinking of all that has happened recently and the potential flipping of my current home. But I firmly believe that a man should be entitled to at least ONE vice, LOL... I don't smoke, I'm certainly no tweakin' crackerhead, I'm not a criminal and I'm not a womanizer, so I reckon I've earned a cold beer now and then. :beerchug:

As an aside, I was casually perusing homes for sale in other states, and there were some really cool cabins in the pines over in New Mexico, as well as some beautiful homes on acreage over in eastern Oklahoma. The economy's not so hot in NM, that's the hitch, while OK has twisters and miserable humidity in the warmer months. :confused:

I'm not a fearful man by nature, but two things in this world make me somewhat nervous: lightning and tornadoes. I've seen the damage done by twisters... I actually walked the ground in Midwest City, OK, after the "Billion-Dollar Twister" struck and killed over 40 people. I posted pics of the damage on the Internet, it was pretty gnarly... buildings torn apart and debris everywhere. :eek:

And much as I love watching lightning, it can be dangerous, particularly to technical rock climbers high on exposed crags, or mountaineers up in the clouds when the storms strike. And the metal hardware carried by climbers doesn't help, LOL... might as well beg for a lightning strike. I've seen some beautiful lightning displays here in southeastern Arizona, quite impressive in the night sky. :rolleyes:

Anyway, the cats are doing fine at the house, I called that gal and told her I'm gonna keep my furry little friends, I just can't see living without 'em. They're like my support group, LOL... and who could leave these kittehs after forming such a close bond? Little Phoenix is such a cutie, and Tiger is a handsome boy... while Crackhead has a heart of gold, even if he looks like an old pirate and still acts crazy once in awhile. :running:

Who knows? Maybe we WILL wind up in some other state, much as I like Arizona. One's money certainly goes farther in certain areas, and given my circumstances, I gotta take that into consideration. One of those cabins I saw listed had a primo wraparound deck high above ground, with cover all the way around for shade... it looked so cool, like something out of an old Western, LOL. And there were plenty of trees on the property too... :thumbsup:

I like trees, I had 21 tall Ponderosa Pines on my property up in Show Low, with my Pawleys Island Hammock slung between two of 'em. There was an oval grove of approximately 8-10 trees in my front yard, and I used to love swinging in my hammock and watching the birds in the branches and on the trunks. There was a patch of the bluest sky directly above, with the trees ringing round and framing that patch of sky. :yess:

Oh, well, we'll see what happens... I'm just rambling a bit today because I've been so preoccupied and stressed out lately. Gotta calm down and take it one day at a time... instead of getting all worked up, I should be thankful for the freedom to make choices about where the cats & I live. Not every citizen has that freedom... and a cabin in the pines sounds like paradise to me, LOL. :cool:

ENOUGH SAID, RECKON I'LL LOOK AT SOME MORE LISTINGS... :dizzycat:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I can't say how happy I am that your cats will remain with you, the person they love and trust most in the world. HAPPY HUNTING, and keep us posted!

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've been looking at lake homes in eastern OK and homes near the coast in NC... not saying I'll wind up there, but I can buy a pretty nice home free & clear in either location, LOL. And the kittehs would have PLENTY of acreage to roam... :runningcat:

Only problem is all the ticks & fleas... ugh. :silver:

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Fleas and ticks are EVERYWHERE! I even have to treat my town-dwelling, indoor only cat regularly, as the little pests can easily hitchhike in on a pants leg.

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's one reason why I'd rather stay in Arizona, there aren't as many fleas & ticks in the high desert... just scorpions, rattlers, armies of ants, etc. Not to mention the REAL varmints like coyotes... :eek:

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well, the coyotes, at least are EVERYWHERE! Several years back, when I lived in Chattanooga, it was all over the news to keep small animals in and not allow them to roam, as there was a pack of about 30 coyotes living in DOWNTOWN Chattanooga. They were rough on the feral/stray populations of both dogs and cats, but did a bang-up job with the rodent issues! So far as I know, they are still there, almost never seen, but thriving. I did sight one or two of them while there.

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I used to see coyotes nationwide in my "trucking daze"---even over there on the Eastern Seaboard, which seemed kind of weird. Anyway, the home inspectors are checking my property right now for the gal who wants to buy it, so I'm parked outside the library, where I can still glom onto the Wi-Fi even though the library isn't open yet, LOL. Hopefully, the sale of my home goes through as planned so the kittehs & I can have a fresh start... I was pleasantly surprised this morning when little Phoenix jumped up on my bed and hung out for awhile. She has never done this before, she usually mills around on the carpet as she greets me every morning by head-butting my calves, LOL. But not this morning, she jumped right up and hung out while I petted her for a bit... PROGRESS!!! :dizzycat:

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
An update: no WAY we're selling our home, the kittehs & I like it too much to just let go of it, LOL. I was frustrated for awhile about the situation with my trucking license and the fake felony out of Kalifornia, but I've moved on in my job search and I expect to be working in town soon, so I'll simply repay the small loan from my brother. This home DOES have a million-dollar view of Cochise Stronghold and the Dragoon Mountains, clear across the beautiful San Pedro Valley... and the cats truly enjoy living here, even new cat Boots is happier since she arrived a few short days ago. Besides, breaking down and moving the 8' pool table is always a PITA, I'm DONE with that routine, LOL... and I'll never find a better view from my Pool Room, unless I win the cheesy rigged lottery, which is unlikely to happen. :noway:

Naaah, I'll just focus on the positive aspects of life here in this little burg: no traffic, virtually no crime, glorious weather most of the year, awesome views of multiple mountain ranges and magnificent wilderness areas, mostly friendly folks around, four happy cats to share my home, the home itself owned free & clear since I paid cash for it, the whole nine yards!!! I mean that about the weather too, we get 300+ days of sunshine per year, even if some of those days are scorching hot, LOL. Meh, the high temps broke after two days of rain and we now have gorgeous fall weather, absolutely perfect today, which leads me to believe I'll break out the BBQ this afternoon. Hang out with the kittehs as I have a few cold beers and make some big ol' flame-broiled cheeseburgers, 10-4? :yess:

Sometimes I dwell too hard upon the negatives, and the whole ordeal with the corrupt goombah cops & crooked D.A. out in Dago was particularly frustrating, as it had a huge negative impact upon my life... never wanted anything to do with any of it, but that makes no difference when corruption is rampant. Best thing a law-abiding citizen can do is avoid the dirty swine like the plague that they are, and to this day I don't regret moving out of Kalifornia... I already experienced the best years that place had to offer, now it's on the downslide and the quality of life there has dropped like a rock. Meh, not my problem anymore, I'll stay right here in southeastern Arizona and enjoy the wilderness, ride my dirt bike and tackle some of those long moderate routes in the Stronghold, a climber's paradise!!! :rolleyes:

THANKS TO ALL WHO OFFERED HELPFUL SUGGESTIONS... THE KITTEHS & I ARE GONNA HOLD THE FORT AND GET ON WITH OUR LIVES, AYE???:runningcat:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You've probably already tried, but, Wilcox and Benson are fair in size. You may be able to pick something up there.
Too bad I don't talk to my baby daddy. He owns a trucking thingy in Tucson. Sorry, but there is no way I'm talking to him.