Do you keep the (bedroom) water fountain running at night?

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I caved in and got Hima a water fountain. It’s the quietest fountain I came across but it’s still noisy for my quiet house, especially at nights and Of course it’s reaallly annoying for me. The problem is I cannot put it anywhere other than my bedroom. It would be pointless anyway Hima is almost always in my bedroom.

I can still keep it runninf during the day but I’m worried if I turn it off at nights Hima won’t drink it during the day because she saw the water not
Moving. Also, how often should I change the water? It has a carbon filter but if I turn it off at nights I should change water before turning it on or?

what do you guys do if you have the fountain in the bedroom?

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
Wouldn't the easier and more appropriate way to ensure that they are getting adequate water intake be to just feed all wet food? This seems like a lot of unnecessary hassle.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wouldn't the easier and more appropriate way to ensure that they are getting adequate water intake be to just feed all wet food? This seems like a lot of unnecessary hassle.
Only one wet food works for her (so far) and she refuses to eat that more than 1,5 cans a day. That’s half of her daily calorie need. So the rest is dry food. I add extra water to her wet food and all but I can tell she still needs to drink water.

Dearjujubebe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You may purchase a fountain with an LED light. She can see the water moving even though you turn off the lights.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You may purchase a fountain with an LED light. She can see the water moving even though you turn off the lights.
I meant turning off the fountain to stop the noise of its motor, not the lights :-)

While at it, update: I turned it off and Hima drank it the next day when it was back on working. So that was a success but a semi one... she seems to drink the same amount she did from a bowl, not more that I noticed so far but it's only been two days.