Do you have an iPhone?

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
And were you asked to "Update your information" with the latest Apple agreement in order to update your apps?

Even if you weren't...watch the charges on whatever card you have on file with Apple!!!

Unfortunately for me, it was my Debit Card tied to our main checking account. Fortunately I checked the account today - they had just started using our numbers over the weekend so they were only
able to get ~$400 worth of charges through before I caught it. Unfortunately - and this is the big one! - we're just plain out the money until the bank completes their investigation and decides that it really is fraud/theft. All of the charges were done online.

Earl (my DH) found another complaint online that the charges started for them on the 6th.

So much for Apple products being immune from being hit, huh?

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hmm I dont remember being told to update any info when I updated. But I checked my bank account just to be safe and all I had from apple was $1.08 for airport mania (which is an awesome game btw!)

I will keep an eye out! Thanks for the heads up!

catdaddy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
nothing on mine but thanks for heads up!! too many scams going on these days!!

orangeishcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh dear o.o I have an iPad... I'll be on the lookout for anything suspicious. Thank you for the information!!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's why at least one prominent financial expert says never to use a debit card unless your bank has agreed to treat them the same as a credit card. Why? Because every time you use it, you put ALL your OWN money at risk, whereas a credit card puts only $50 at risk, and you won't likely have to pay that. Both Dottie and I had our wallets stolen, and neither of us ended up being out any money at all.

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

That's why at least one prominent financial expert says never to use a debit card unless your bank has agreed to treat them the same as a credit card. Why? Because every time you use it, you put ALL your OWN money at risk, whereas a credit card puts only $50 at risk, and you won't likely have to pay that. Both Dottie and I had our wallets stolen, and neither of us ended up being out any money at all.
The only thing I use my debit card for is groceries.