Do you have a plan if you suddenly found yourself unable to care for your cat(s)?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't really have a plan, and not sure if any friends or family members would be able to take Ruby, but they do know that the shelter I adopted her from would take her back, if necessary, and see that she found a good home. Ruby's not shy or timid, so I wouldn't be worried that she couldn't adjust to a new home. But she does have a sensitive digestive system, which would need to be explained to anyone considering adopting her. Hopefully I outlive her, but then thinking about me losing her is a depressing thought too. :sigh:

wily1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have a friend who has known Tim since he was a kitten and has stayed with her when I have gone away on vacation. I am only middle aged so should be around a few years, but if anything unexpected should happen she has told me he will have a home and not to worry.

Last edited:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have a set plan, but I have a lot of family and friends who are cat lovers and would be willing to take my cats if something happened to me. When my late cat was alive, I did ask my former roommate if she would take her if something happened to me because I knew I could trust her with Willie since we lived together for 2 years.

Steph42q

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a cousin who will take excellent care of them if something happens to me. I have Kiernan's extremely detailed care sheet printed and put in a plastic sleeve on my fridge. I also have a copy with my important documents and another in my emergency evacuation kit. I'm glad you made this thread, because it has reminded me that I haven't done a care sheet for EJ yet.

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
My oldest son would come by and feed my baby boy Snowball..if I had to go to hospital....And if something happened to me..My oldest son would take my baby to live with him...Snowball sees him pretty often and is comfortable around him and doesn't run when he comes in the apt....My oldest son is in his late 30s hes also responsible....He helps me NOW....Yea I had him young..thats why im 55..n be 56 in June..And hes in his late 30s...:):redheartpump::petcat::catlove::whitecat:👩‍👦

SpecterOhPossum

spec's pet human
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would think my dad would take care of specter, but my idealistic brain likes to think of her going to live in a big cage like at big cat rescue gnawing on raw meat.. though not to to toot my own horn but literally no one can provide the care I give specter so the realistic side of my brain says to tell whoever finds my body if I were to die to lay specter to rest humanely with the rest of my money to save her from subpar care compared to the care I provide -- that being said, I could consider that option if I suddenly started declining terminally.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My hubby and son would look after my boy short term but long term because my hubby works long hours, My daughter would step in she has two cat's already and would take patches in a heartbeat he gets on with other cat's. I know she would take the time and introduce them properly.