Do you have a favorite (cat)?

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure but I think this is the best place to post this. Do you have a favorite cat out of the ones you own? It'll be easy for those of you with just one but I have seven and I'm ashamed to admit it but I have a favorite. It's little Ruby, who is the newest addition. I've had her for about a year and a half now. She's a senior with a heart murmur and bad teeth. She pukes when she eats too fast, only eats canned food, doesnt like to be restrained (clipping her back nails is an issue!) doesnt like to be petted too much, and will bite sometimes. She's come SO far since I moved though, the trip really changed her and just in the last few months she's started purring when I scratch her chin, the bites aren't heartfelt, and she's just so darn cute! I feel awful having a favorite but I think she's my fav. because she doesn't show as much affection as my boys who will eat anything, stomp all over me for attention, and act like normal cats. Ruby makes me earn the purr!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a favourite too. He's my little boy Mushroom (he will be 10 months old in 6 days). He was the 6th kitten born to my girl Tales who sadly died approximately 4 weeks after her kittens were born. This little guy also refused to eat for a few days and eventually had to be force fed for a few weeks. He's my honey and he's so unpredictable he can be loving and cuddling and then be crazy and naughty. I love both his moods. He's my favourite out of my 7 too.

So you can see why he's my favourite.

Mushy

ETA: I'm not guilty about having a favourite at all

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No .. They are all individual s and have different things I love and a few I do not love about them...

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Depends on the day and who has done what... Usually Tomas and Siri are my favorites but when they're being brats I don't want to pet or hold them.

I did find Tomas as a 10wk old, though, and he immediately saw me as a replacement mother. For nearly a year he spent every single night tucked against my side with his face in my neck. He still cuddles like that, but spends more time with the other cats now, too.

Otherwise I do love them all equality.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Yes I do
Just don't tell Trout it's not her! *gasp*

Yes I do - I have about....oh.....18 of them?
Twitch will always be my "soul mate" kitty. She really only cares if you exist twice a day when it's canned food time. But she's still a nice enough cat, I like independent couch potatoes. No teeth, no front claws, deaf - yet she still rules the house with an iron paw. Even the dogs (11 lbs, 70 lbs, & 90 lbs) bow down to her.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I most certainly do! (I only have one kitty)
With my dogs I think I have a favorite sometimes but I go back and forth as I love them all tons and tons, each one is so special and unique and really connects with my heart deeply.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Each one is so different, but I do have an extra large soft spot for Ghost! He is such a charming little creature and makes the funniest, sweetest little noises. Sometimes we have conversations. I just wish I knew what he was saying!

frankthetank

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes, I do have a favorite. My husband had 4 of our 9 cats when we met. We adopted Joey, fell into finding/adopting Billy, let Stray hang out inside until we find her a home, and Toby was found in our chicken coop & by the time he recovered from being super sick/not eating, he had bonded witth Billy & Joey so we kept him.
However, Joey is my favorite. Hands down 100% my absolute favorite thing in the world. I love this cat more than most things in my life. Every night he sleeps in bed with us, each morning he wakes us up to remind us to give them all treats...once DH is gone, he climbs into my lap and lays with my for however long I let him....he stays around me, has the loudest purrbug ever, follows me into the bathroom even. I really can't describe my love for this cat, it is just ridiculous. I think he is the prettiest best cat in the world. He has the softest fur and loves me so much. He will climb into my arms and just purr as I hold him. And he is the best tempered cat ever!

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wonderful pics of ALL your cats, folks!! My fave cat is usually the one on my lap at the time. I've really loved all equally, BUT Bella became a part of my soul. There will never be another. Yes, Bella is my "forever favorite"

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No favorites here. I love my four equally, just for different reasons - the things that make them unique and the special bond I have with each of them.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, and I think Zi knows that Molly is the favourite too. I always joke that they could both do the same annoying thing, Zi would get told off and Molly would get a cuddle. Even to the rescue, she was the kind of cat that got under your skin that bit further than the others, which is why I nearly didn't get to foster her. None of my family can see why I love her so much as she is still quite hissy after nearly 5 years -but they dont see her want to curl up in my arms, or sleep above my head (even if she does sometimes nearly suffocate me!!).

zohdee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have recently came to have two favorites. Baylen has always been my long haired, fuzzy best friend but Meatloaf has really been turning on the charm lately. Both LOVE to sleep right next to me so close you couldn't put a piece of paper between us. I can just look at Meatloaf and she purrs. Its hard not to love Baylen because, well, she looks a bit dim. Her eyes always cross when she looks at you and she does some of the most silly things.

Of course, my favorite of all time would be Boomer, may he rest in peace. He was the best kitty anyone could ever ask for. Meatloaf started to get very affectionate with me when Boomer passed so sometimes I think Boomer's spirit may be in Meatloaf.

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love ALL of my kitties very, very much, but Pria and I have developed such a STRONG, incredible bond right from day one. I absolutely adore her in every way and she is always with me when I am home. I am also very bonded with Imhotep and Osiris though. Teppy is my lap warmer, who is always around to comfort me when I need him the most. Ossie is my kissing kitty, nothing but pure, purring, constant love.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't answer the poll, because I have more than one favorite!

Max is my favorite Bengal. He is just so darned sexy and quirky and is my crazy monkey-cat.

Poor Miss Penny is SO sweet and beautiful, but she is very timid. So she's my favorite shy one.

Ferris is my favorite, because he's SUCH a needy lovebug and he has taught me SO MUCH about cats, as he was a feral rescue when I adopted him.

Baby Bonnie is my favorite, because she is a serious velcro kitty with cattitude and shows her love for me non-stop.

Squeaky is my new favorite, because she expresses her love for me in very physical ways, and that just makes my heart swell.

Miss Ginger is my oldest and dearest favorite, because she is exactly who she is, and it's because of her that I have all the others.

And Sissy is my favorite outside cat. I love how she greets me at the top of the walk when I come home, and walks me to my car when I'm leaving. She's my watchcat.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I have a favorite and her name is Autumn but she is my only kitty
I can understand people having favorites but the thing is you have to share the love. There are people who just about ignore their other cats because of spending too much time with their 'favorite'. Now that I do not understand because it's just not right.

I knew someone who favored one cat and hardly ever mentioned the rest she had, just feeding your cats and giving them a home just doesn't do it. They all need to be shown love and shared time with their humans. Anyway that's just how I feel.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i USED to have a favorite kitty, but she went to the bridge far too early

my current 3 - all are favorites in different ways - Java for her friendliness & her way of greeting me @ the door, Pixel for her snuggly ways [she will just sit w/me while i watch tv] & Cable for her energy & beauty.