Do You Have A Favorite Cat Coat Color?

Do you have a preferred cat coat color/pattern?

• Yes

Votes: 95 66.4%
  • No

Votes: 48 33.6%

• Total voters

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I am 100% sure that each one of us would reach out to a cat or kitten in need regardless of coat color so this isn't about which cat you'd pick if you had to adopt one from the shelter. It's more about a cultural preference, if you like. If you had to choose a cat sculpture, for example, is there a particular cat color/pattern that you prefer? I wonder how many of us can say that they prefer black cats, or tuxedos or tabbies, or any other specific cat coat color or pattern.

Whether the answer is yes or no, could you do me a huge favor and take this short survey. If you say yes, it would be awesome if you could add a post saying which coat color/pattern you adore and why. Thanks!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I don't know how much help I will be regarding this question since I adore more than just one coat color and from time to time my preference has changed. Originally I was drawn to black, smoke or gray colors, then bi-colors and since adopting Carleton I love the cream or golden shades. What can I say, I'm a multi-colored coat person. ;)

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
Ginger cats. My grandmother gave me a stray ginger when I was a teenager. It was given to me but was a family cat that remained with my parents when I moved out. As an adult, two have crossed the bridge and I currently have four at home. Of those six only one is a ginger, my little buddy Taz.

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love them all! :biggrin:

But I guess I do have a soft spot for cats with odd markings that some might consider ugly or a little goofy. Oh, like a splash of color under the nose that looks like a crooked moustache, so many colors and patterns that they look like they were cobbled together out of spare parts, etc. I just find that sort of thing weirdly endearing. :-)