Do You Give Your Cat A Bath?

G

ghostuser

Our cats actually like being in the water!!!
:jarswim:
they fuss a bit for the first two or three minutes then they settle down and enjoy it
By the end of their baths Zooey is usually playing with the water coming out of the shower head and Bobbie is purring again...
But we don't plunk them in the water though, we just use the shower head, and warm water. And so long as we're both in there with them they're fine....
We do this about once every two weeks... It's easier to bathe them then it is to dry them though!!

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just gave one of my Ragdolls (Lita) a bath tonight. She has had 3 baths before from groomers in her 1 year of age. I always got good reports on how she is in the bath water
I figured that I would give it a go alone tonight. Lita was very good.....only trying to make a quick exit twice. She allowed me to rinse her under the faucet without too much protest. She looks great. I used the Foster and Smith Shed Control Shampoo for cats and dogs. Great product with a nice coconut scent.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes. I breed Persians and I bath them all the time. My show cats get bathed every week using a lil bit of human shampoo because to much cat shampoo dries out a cats skin. My breeding cats get bathed when they need it or around every 3 months.My neuter cats get bathed at least 5 times a year with cat shampoo.

It's a good idea to bath cats, cats can't get to every part of their body and need you to help, also if your cat has skin mites or fleas etc etc a bath can be a very in-expensive way to remove these.

I start bathing cats when they are around 7 weeks old, by just starting to place them in a shallow bowl of water and then softly drying them, it's good to start early, none of my cats get nasty when I'm bathing them.

Thanks, Sam.

gurlpower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh yes, i bath all my kitties.

Here is Daisy in the kitty tub. (Actually i bought a human baby tub..teehee!) The camera was all fogged up..

i blow dry with low heat after bathing her. Here is a pix before the blow-drying session:

Here is Venus in the tub. i use a soft wash cloth to bath her. It is actually a hello kitty wash cloth. Venus seems not to mind one bit taking a bath!

Here is Isys, after her bath, wrapped in her towel.

Cheers!

[img}

nighteyes

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I bathe my cat every two weeks or so, if I do not bathe him I rinse him off.
I just like clean cats(lol) I know they wash themselves but, they do get in the litter box. Plus I think its a good idea to get them used to being handled and bathed so if they ever have to be treated at the Vets, they are used to it.
I have a friend who breeds cats and she always bathes hers, she starts when they are quite young. None of her cats mind being brushed or having there nails clipped.

a_loveless_gem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bathe my cats once a fortnight in the warmer months. This does sound excessive but I do have my reasons. Firstly, I have two domestic shorthairs, and I used to think, that there couldn't possibly be that much fur with constant grooming but I have been proven wrong. There's mountain loads of it. Secondly, it's about the ONLY time in the week where I know their skin is moisturised and they can cool down without the aid of an airconditioner. And thirdly, although they would probably not admit it, they are a lot more comfortable. In the warmer months, it quite easily reaches 40 degrees Celsius or more, well over the 100 Farenheit mark, and that's just in the shade. I use Ego QV Wash on both cats. Fragrance free and has a moisturising affect as well so I can forgo the conditioner.

In the cooler months, that is around the 20 to 30 degrees Celsius, it's once a month. That's the only 'winter' that happens where I live.

acatsmeow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No I don't bathe my cats, they clean there own self. I might able to bathe two of my cats, Joey and Toby. Toby because he doen't have any claws and Joey because he is soo gentle and I can do anything with him. Sabrina is another story, she has really sharp claws and now way I can give her a bathe. I can' t even brush her teeth or groom her.

boost

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
tekken practically jumps in the shower with me. my bengal loves water. i just make sure its really warm when i give him a bath him and he doesnt mind at all. he is my shower buddy

Jerry Hsien