Do you feed your cat/cats first?

macsmommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't work anymore so I don't set an alarm, but that does not mean 6 am is not still cat breakfast time. Mac taps me awake an hour before my husband has to be up, and I feed the cats, scoop, refill water fountain and brush Sasha (long hair). Then Mac runs to my recliner so he can get in my lap while I read and he can go back to sleep. They love having a stay at home cat mom now.

lazer

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
First thing I do when I get up is feed the cats (unless Rigel pees before that, in which case I get up, let him go on the porch for 10 minutes, then go up and feed them). 

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First thing I do is feed my two house cats, they INSIST on it every morning, although all they do is lick the gravy. Then I take what they have left and mix it with the food I prepare for the outside gang. Who by the way are always sitting out there waiting, even in the cold, which makes me get the ambition to get up. In the winter I put it in a heated bowl, which makes one more thing to clean. THEN i get to drink my coffee and read my Kindle, AHHHHH, I love the quiet mornings!

lykakitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The babies eat first, no exceptions. The dog gets to go out to potty while I get breakfasts ready but that's all that happens without the cats getting food. It would be unacceptable, of course, for anybody but them to eat first and they'll let me know if they think I forget that. After them it's the dog, then the crabs and fish (and don't think just because they're not mammals they don't know it's breakfast time RIGHT NOW, because trust me if there's one mealworm coming in late the crabs don't hesitate to complain), then the people get to eat. After my breakfast it's scooping, then I'm allowed to continue my morning. Even my tiny, quiet little girl gets demanding in the morning.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The babies eat first, no exceptions. The dog gets to go out to potty while I get breakfasts ready but that's all that happens without the cats getting food. It would be unacceptable, of course, for anybody but them to eat first and they'll let me know if they think I forget that. After them it's the dog, then the crabs and fish (and don't think just because they're not mammals they don't know it's breakfast time RIGHT NOW, because trust me if there's one mealworm coming in late the crabs don't hesitate to complain), then the people get to eat. After my breakfast it's scooping, then I'm allowed to continue my morning. Even my tiny, quiet little girl gets demanding in the morning.
Im curious, how do the crabs complain? Do they get extra crabby?? :p