Do you ever want something so bad it consumes you?

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not cat related.

I'll share the history.... Several years ago I found a house that I fell in love with but was unable to purchase (bad credit) at the time.

A few month ago I came across this same house and found out it was up for sale again. I am not sure my credit will allow me to get it AGAIN. I spent two years working on my credit to build it up, pay off bills and get myself out of debt. This time last year it all messed up again (by reasons out of my control) and I am stuck in debt again. I HAD to go see this house again and did this past weekend. It was drawing me in.

I still love it. I has consumed my thoughts constantly day and night. I imagine how I will decorate it, paint it and just living there. I want this house so bad it hurts to imagine it slipping through my fingers again. I talked to the present owner about my situation and he don't want to finance or rent to own (he was burned by someone else before) and I understand. I am not talking about this much because I don't want to jinx it but I felt the need to share this here.

I don't know how many of you pray, but all I can ask is that those of you who do please pray that if this is meant to be that it will happen. I don't know how but I do know that if I am meant to have this house there is only one that can make it happen.

Thanks for reading.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Funny, when I read the title of your thread, I thought for a minute, and know that the only thing I ever felt that way about was a house.

Came and read your post and sure enough, it's a house you want :)

Positive energy, talk to people, anyone and everyone possible about ways to finance this house.

Even down to if you have a parent who you will someday inherit something from, co-signing, anything.

Sending lots of good vibes your way!

Last edited:

macha 143

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have no ideas and no knowledge about this...sorry.

But I am keeping you in my thoughts and my prayers.

Sending you positive energy too and hoping all your dreams comes true.

(((hugs)))

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've learned that if something is meant to be, everything will fall into place to make it happen.  Good luck.  Hope it all works out for you.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah and strangely enough, it was a house. When I was doing my internship (about 16 years ago), I was driving back and forth to Harrisburg, PA every week. And about midway through my trip, I came across this old house. Most unique house I think I've ever seen in my life. A huge two-story red brick house, it would be just perfect for a great B & B along the river. It needed a lot of work....I had stopped by to take a look at it. And it was for sale. I wanted that house so badly I could taste it. Talked to the owner, went inside and....oh dear lord, but I loved that house. It was the kind of house I'd always wanted: two-story old farmhouse, but huge rooms, and a huge wrap-around front porch and a great big back porch, just perfect for dinners, for picnics, for a fireplace. Not a lot of land and that was OK. The cats would have loved running around and hiding out in that house.

Rick said no, of course. It was too far away from his work and I had no job at the time (other than my internship) because I had taken an early separation from my employment to finish college. Had I been able to find a job in Harrisburg, he might have gone along with the idea; the house would have been about the same distance for me to work in Harrisburg as it would have been for him to go to his work. We might have been able to pull something off. But with me not working and trying to finish school, it wasn't feasible.

Well, I graduated and I started working as a planner here in town. About a year after I started here, a position opened in the agency where I had done my college internship. They called me and wanted to know if I was interested in the position; rather than have to deal with new people, interviews, etc, I could have the job if I wanted it. And the house was still for sale! (Yes, I checked) 

It was so tempting. I wanted that house so badly. Ultimately, though, we decided to stay here and keep the house we have and the jobs that we have. I've kept up with that house though. Somebody did buy it and they're still working on a huge renovation. (And I cried when I found out that somebody had bought the thing.)

I absolutely love(d) that old house. It is spectacular.

I wish you the best of luck and I truly hope things go the way you need them to..

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Not cat related.

I'll share the history.... Several years ago I found a house that I fell in love with but was unable to purchase (bad credit) at the time.

A few month ago I came across this same house and found out it was up for sale again. I am not sure my credit will allow me to get it AGAIN. I spent two years working on my credit to build it up, pay off bills and get myself out of debt. This time last year it all messed up again (by reasons out of my control) and I am stuck in debt again. I HAD to go see this house again and did this past weekend. It was drawing me in.

I still love it. I has consumed my thoughts constantly day and night. I imagine how I will decorate it, paint it and just living there. I want this house so bad it hurts to imagine it slipping through my fingers again. I talked to the present owner about my situation and he don't want to finance or rent to own (he was burned by someone else before) and I understand. I am not talking about this much because I don't want to jinx it but I felt the need to share this here.

I don't know how many of you pray, but all I can ask is that those of you who do please pray that if this is meant to be that it will happen. I don't know how but I do know that if I am meant to have this house there is only one that can make it happen.

Thanks for reading.
I send many vibes out to the universe that somehow, someway this house will one day be yours. 

What do I really, really  want?

These boots. 

http://us.christianlouboutin.com/us_en/shop/women/botalili.html

A house in the Florida Keys to wear my new boots in.
 It would have a big catio attached to the back of the house so the kids could enjoy the Florida sunshine and the breeze coming off the ocean. 

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey Kat, those boots are indeed awesome, but as a Floridian, I can tell you that if you lived here, you'd rarely get an opportunity to wear them.  It's seriously hot in these parts!  I've been here for almost thirteen years and I absolutely crave fall and winter.

OP, about your house . . . I'm a real fan of petitioning the Universe for advice.  Just listen to what it says and to what your inner being says and you'll find your way.  Just be cautious.  You don't want to go from house obsession to being consumed by worry about finances. 

I"m keeping my fingers crossed for your house and Kat's Louboutins.  :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks everyone. I knew I could count on you!!!!!!

I've always heard that good things come to those who wait, when God closes one door he opens another, and if it's meant to be it will happen.

I'm believing in all these things. I can't get this house off my mind. I think about it constantly when I'm awake and dream about it while sleeping.....ALL night last night I dreamed about painting the rooms, making a door between the kitchen and the "kids" cats room. I feel so overwhelmed and do want to get my hopes up but I can't get it out of my head.

We are having issues with our present landlord and it seems like this happened at just the right time. I'm thinking positive thoughts and believing I'm going to get it and sowing seeds toward the purchase of this house.

Thanks so much!!!!!! YOU ALL ROCK!!!!!!!!

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I send many vibes out to the universe that somehow, someway this house will one day be yours. 

What do I really, really  want?

These boots. 

http://us.christianlouboutin.com/us_en/shop/women/botalili.html

A house in the Florida Keys to wear my new boots in.
 It would have a big catio attached to the back of the house so the kids could enjoy the Florida sunshine and the breeze coming off the ocean. 
Loving the boot there @Kat0121. I hope for the best with all your wants!!!!!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Hey Kat, those boots are indeed awesome, but as a Floridian, I can tell you that if you lived here, you'd rarely get an opportunity to wear them.  It's seriously hot in these parts!  I've been here for almost thirteen years and I absolutely crave fall and winter.

OP, about your house . . . I'm a real fan of petitioning the Universe for advice.  Just listen to what it says and to what your inner being says and you'll find your way.  Just be cautious.  You don't want to go from house obsession to being consumed by worry about finances. 

I"m keeping my fingers crossed for your house and Kat's Louboutins.  :)
I've been living in Florida for 13 years and believe me, those boots would get used. I know very well how hot it gets here but that's why air conditioning was invented. I go from my air conditioned house to my air conditioned job.  I'd just have to keep them in the closet during rainy season because they are suede.  

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a killer leather jacket that I trot out every once in a blue moon, so if I can wear my jacket then, yes, you're right: you can most definitely wear those boots!  Here's to hoping that Santa is good to you.

kitty kisser

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
For husband and I it's a house too! We are trying to move to Oklahoma where he is from. We've lived there before but that's a long story. The house we are looking at is brick and in the same edition as his mother. So we would have a babysitter when I have to work. I don't know if we will get approved for the right amount we where approved before but for a slightly lesser amount.

paiger8

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yep, mine was also a house. I purchased one a year ago, but up until then, I would browse Zillow.com ALL day looking at houses. It was bad. My parents both got emailed at least bi-weekly with the current house I was obsessing about. I'm pretty sure I went through about 10 houses that I really liked, and was picturing my life there. 

And then one day, I was driving by another house, and happened around the corner and saw an owner putting a "For Sale" sign in his yard. I looked it the house the next day, took my dad back the day after that, and put an offer in 2 days later. Signed papers within 7 days. Closed 30 days later. When it's right, it's right. 

This is super random @kntrygrl256, but I wanted to ask if you've looked into FHA loans? I know they're high interest wise, but you could always do that for a couple years and refinance? Good luck on your house though!!

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Yep, mine was also a house. I purchased one a year ago, but up until then, I would browse Zillow.com ALL day looking at houses. It was bad. My parents both got emailed at least bi-weekly with the current house I was obsessing about. I'm pretty sure I went through about 10 houses that I really liked, and was picturing my life there. 

And then one day, I was driving by another house, and happened around the corner and saw an owner putting a "For Sale" sign in his yard. I looked it the house the next day, took my dad back the day after that, and put an offer in 2 days later. Signed papers within 7 days. Closed 30 days later. When it's right, it's right. 

This is super random @kntrygrl256, but I wanted to ask if you've looked into FHA loans? I know they're high interest wise, but you could always do that for a couple years and refinance? Good luck on your house though!!
I have thought about that but my credit is terrible now. I worked so hard for two years getting it back up to a good rate and in the matter of a couple month it was almost rock bottom again. Thanks to a so called friend I got in debt again.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

And then one day, I was driving by another house, and happened around the corner and saw an owner putting a "For Sale" sign in his yard. I looked it the house the next day, took my dad back the day after that, and put an offer in 2 days later. Signed papers within 7 days. Closed 30 days later. When it's right, it's right. :D  

This is super random @kntrygrl256
, but I wanted to ask if you've looked into FHA loans? I know they're high interest wise, but you could always do that for a couple years and refinance? Good luck on your house though!!
The home I'm in now has a FHA loan at 3.75% interest ... which is lower than the house I had before, at 5%! :)

Many positive vibes your way on the house! :vibes::vibes::vibes:
I obsessed over a house for about a year & a half, though we didn't end up getting it. It was a decent size, though weird floor plan with pine wood floors, full front & back porches on 1 acre on a tidal creek, set back from the road in a tiny cul de sac of a neighborhood off a dirt road on my favorite island here. The house was empty for 4 years, it had been foreclosed on, and time wasn't nice to it. It needed new door knobs as all of them to the outside were broken, no climate control buckled the wood floors, etc. Someone ended up paying full asking price for the house right around the time we decided to build one. I still get Zillow emails for the area, boy do they send me some dream houses I could never afford though!

Right now I do want something so bad its consuming my life, so I know the feeling currently also. Though it'd probably be a lot easier on me if it were a house! :sniffle: