Do You Drink?

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm taking a cue from RuthyB who asked if we smoked. My question is whether you drink. I was a heavy drinker, but now I don't drink at all. Stopping smoking was horrific, but stopping drinking was very easy and I don't miss it at all. In fact, I wish I had never drunk a drop.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I grew up around people who drank and saw what happened when people got drunk and/or were alcoholics. Decided early on that was not the life for me!

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm a weekend drinker.
Not every weekend, but on the weekends we do usually enjoying hanging out with my aunt and uncle next door, playing some games and having a few beverages.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I drink daily, one or two drinks after dinner.
Karaoke nights at the bar is 3 to 4 drinks.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No drinking for me. I saw the ravages of alcohol early in life with a drinking stepfather. I decided it was not for me.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't had a drink in over a year now. When DH quit smoking, he quit drinking too. I never was much of a drinker but DH is an alcoholic. Now he isn't even tempted. When we became Christians, we feel that Jesus took both alcohol and smoking out of our lives.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another one here with alcoholics in the family. So no thank you, I'll pass completely. It would probably bottom out my blood pressure terribly and I'd end up sick for days (happens with those who have the same health issues I do). Aside from that... alcohol smells terrible.

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I used to have a drink once in awhile. But because of the medications I have to take alcohol is out.

Sometimes I miss it but it's no big deal.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Every weekend or so. I used to drink A LOT in college, but that was 4 years ago. Every so often my best friend will come down, and we'll drink a lot, but that doesn't really happen that much. My drink of choice right now is hard apple cider. It's so good!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Used to DRINK when I was younger - college is a time for stupid overindulgence... and I did stupid things when I was inebriated. Like drive!

I felt myself getting dependent on drink to wind down and relax after a stressful day working and I stopped. Just stopped. Except for an occasional half-glass of wine of a little bit of BF's beer, I don't drink at all.

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I drank a lot in high school and while in the Army. About a year after getting out of the service I ended up with a D.U.I., which woke me up. My drinking slowed down a lot, and I haven't been behind the wheel since then after having a drink. Once I hit my late twenties I rarely drank. Due to health reasons I don't consume alcohol at all anymore, and I haven't had a drink in well over a year. I have enough problems with colitis flareups that it doesn't need me to help trigger them.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No.
Fruit/veg juice, water, or tea is the extent of my beverage selection.

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cococat

No.
Fruit/veg juice, water, or tea is the extent of my beverage selection.
Yep, those are about all I drink anymore. I allow myself one coke or pepsi a day. I love me some sweet tea.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have the occasional weekend drink, or trip to the bar if hubby and I are feeling "wild" (not so wild we cant drive home though). Not every weekend though, pretty rare unless I have a rough day or think about mixing me a tasty drink.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Occasional drinker. Maybe a couple/few beers per month? I can't drink hard alcohol as it is a trigger for my seizures, but beer seems to be okay.

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I voted yes on the poll. Guess I should have gone for occasional drinker, which is closer to the truth but YES, I do drink now and then. I also take meds that shouldn't be combined with alcohol so it doesn't happen every night. I just love a blended Margarita, which is hard to come by in these woods. Lol! Hate beer, occasionally wine, love Champers.
Nothing wrong with enjoying an alcohol beverage as a responsible adult. It's funny, my Mom is horrified at the thought of ANYONE going into a bar....so sinful, for some reason. Yet, she likes her wine. We can't even have wine at family dinners, because she gets hammered and then can't cook. Irony

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I drink, but I'm not really a heavy drinker. I used to be back in high school, and I discovered how much I can drink after I broke my friend's record of 28 in one night. Needless to say, not the best night of my life. But since then I've matured and at a party will drink no more than 6. Still not exactly low, but I don't have a dependence on alcohol. If I have some, I'll drink. If not, I won't. I'm not going to go buy some just so I can drink. Unless it's a special occasion.