Do you do this?

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I find I am becoming a suspicious old witch as I get older...

Whenever I see someone walking a dog I always examine the dog really closely to make sure that it looks like it's healthy, and even if it does look healthy I find myself giving evils to it's owner as if to say, `I BET you don't treat your dog well!'.

It is SO irrational of me but I just seem to be so suspicious of other dog owners. I can't work out why - do any of you do this as well??

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont do it for people walking their dog but I do it to my neighbors animals all the time. One of my neighbors a couple houses down who should not have animals at all and I worry about them all time. Ive lived here for 3 years and had to call the animal control twice and I have rescued 4 cats that were not taken care of properly.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I watch my neighbor's dogs all the time. He had one dog (that he keeps running loose outside) and when his daughter became ill, he took her 2 dogs and let them run loose also.

They left on vacation one time and something spooked his dogs and one of his dogs was injured (it was about the time we think we had a cougar in the back of the property). We took care of the injured dog, and kept a vigil over his others until they came back.

The female is spayed, the males are not. I doubt if they are on heartguard. I've brought up both points to him, but they are "country" dogs and money just isn't spent on them. If I snook them away and had them neutered, he would know who did it and he wouldn't be happy. And if I had a lot more money, I'd pay for their heartguard (it is very expensive for large dogs).

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not all the time, and more so when people leave their dogs outside all day. I think man, our spoiled rotten pups are in the cozy living room, snuggled up on a couch, and this poor dog has to spend all day out in the elements
I really hate when they are chained, or in a really small enclosure. Thats an awful life IMO.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i do with our neighbor dogs. they are not in enclosed areas and some of them are mean. they dont usually fight with eachother but they dont really let you walk past them with out scaring the crap out of you. i wont hardly walk my neighborhood even tohugh we are in the country. i take "dog repellant" with me. my S/O dog isnt enclosed either but he doesnt leave our 10 acres and doesntmess with anything or anyone unless another dog is in his territory. he wont even chase the deer!

animaluvr35

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva!

I find I am becoming a suspicious old witch as I get older...

Whenever I see someone walking a dog I always examine the dog really closely to make sure that it looks like it's healthy, and even if it does look healthy I find myself giving evils to it's owner as if to say, `I BET you don't treat your dog well!'.

It is SO irrational of me but I just seem to be so suspicious of other dog owners. I can't work out why - do any of you do this as well??

your not a bad person,it just means you care about animals is all.
god bless you

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would like to add that I do not mean the people who leave the dogs out when they go to work, school, etc..... I am speaking of the poor dogs who live outside
never get to come in, hardly ever,if ever, get a walk, those are the people I meant. Those dogs must be depressed.

animaluvr35

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tuxedokitties

Just a thought: http://www.neuticles.com/index1.html
it is so awful
how animal are being treated,people should be hung for the way they do animals. forgive me lord but I am being honest. I wish there was something we could do for mistreated animals where we could hide them to protect them better,and take care of them to.

yours truly animal luvr

animaluvr35

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by chichismom

I would like to add that I do not mean the people who leave the dogs out when they go to work, school, etc..... I am speaking of the poor dogs who live outside
never get to come in, hardly ever,if ever, get a walk, those are the people I meant. Those dogs must be depressed.
I agree with you my dear. those are people who tend to be lazy and forget about them. some of them anyway.
when i had to keep my dog outside,I always made sure he had water. changed the dogs water more than once a day.and always made sure he had plenty to eat.

I miss that little dog of mine,I had him in Florida,and when we lost our house I had to give him up. My sister had one to as well.
anyway he did get a good home I made sure of it.

sincerely animal luvr

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do that ALL THE TIME. I am especially horrible when I see people in the grocery store buying some horribly unhealthy brand of cat food and think, you have no idea how to care for your pets. I feel bad judging people like that, but man I have seen so many horrible things done to animal after working at a rescue, I just don't trust anyone!

There is a couple down the road from me who have a Chow tied up in their back yard. Their yard is very cluttered and they have another cage with more dogs in them outside too. They have no tresspassing signs up all over and I always went by their house slowly looking for something I could report them for.

I did talk to the local humane officer since I know her and she stopped by. Turned out the dog is a very agressive rescued dog and the woman who lived there was actually afraid of it. It was her husbands. They just figured tied on a long rope in the yard all the time was better then death. They care for him just fine otherwise. I don't know that I agree with that idea but at least they weren't mistreating it. The dog has a car to sleep in and a lean to against the house but he just sleeps right out in the middle of all the snow. I have seen snow piled a foot on top of him.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's heartbreaking what people can do to animals and get away with.

I see lots of well loved and cared for doggies every day, so that's always nice. It's good to know that there are lots of decent people out there who're responsible enough dog owners that they pay someone to come walk their dog while they're at work so the dog gets out to relieve itself, and gets some excitement in it's day too.

animaluvr35

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes I do agree with you pushlady
cute name by the way
I like that,how did you come up with that.

To Jen,I still say your not a bad person,just a caring one.
yes it seems strange of what you do at times,but maybe alot of people should be more concern about their animals as much as you do theirs

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess I'd be one of those owners you gave the evils to.

My dog is obese and she has a massive growth by her. Believe me we have taken her to the vet and they can't do anything for her at 13, and she is such a scavenger.

animaluvr35

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i am not talking about people who do try,and their animal is sick. I am talking about people who don't care. you at least care,you took him or her to the vet.
and you are not lazy,their are people I have seen in this world as young as I am.
That do not deserve animals cause they kick their dog or cat. or they do not feed them Those are the ones that are evil sweety.

sincerely kim

My aol screen name is coopersgirl
and yahoo name is kimberly2912_2000
Id me sometime if you have aol messenge or yahoo
or just email me ok
god bless you

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah I know
but like if you didn't know my from jane doe than you would probably think that dog needs to see a vet - I know, i've had a lot of people say it as I walk my princess.

animaluvr35

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
no sweety I wouldn't and I will tell you why. My old neighbor had a dog who was very overweight. and she tried all she could to get help from the vet. and it did not help. but she did walk her dog and fed it healthy.
anyway I do understand and care.

sincerely kim

how did this happen to your dog sweety

darkeyedgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The people in my neighborhood all take care of their dogs --- except for one batch of Obliviots who live across from me in a run-down house. They are spooky, scary people. There yard is scary. They are spooky.

Their dog is a female, wears a color; and runs FREE all the time. This dog is NOT a nice dog. She is viscious! I had to chase her out of my yard during the Summer as I was toiling on my landscape --- she came into the yard, and growled at me! I took off after her and she started to come towards me til I raised my spade.

These people are awful, they don't groom this poor doggie, and the doggie keeps standing in the middle of the street. And there are some ppl up at the 'rich end' of my street who drive their cars like they're on the Autobahn.

So even though the dog is ignored and mean, I still am afraid that she will be hit. People don't say anything to these spooky people, because, we fear they might rebel somehow.

But yeah I am really REALLY watchful over people & their dogs...

animaluvr35

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Never be scared of people ok sweety,I am not scared of nobody.
Maybe I should come over there and take care of them,Ha,Ha,Ha.

anyway sweety I am sorry to hear that,I pray that God will help you seek a way to help this animal.
you should report it to the police and not give your name either.

God would protect you,nothing would happen.
but if someone does not do something sweety, this dog could hurt someone.
and someone will end up hurting this animal.