Do you buy your cats Christmas presents?

tabbysia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My cats have stockings, and I plan to fill them with their favorite grain-free treats and toys. I am also ordering a cat tree for them online. Do I need to seek psychiatric help for crazy cat lady syndrome, or is this a normal thing to do?

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I'm a bit mean, the wrapping off my presents transforms in to his presents.  Most people who know me wrap my gifts with him in mind so he gets lovely thick paper bags to jump in to, bits of curly ribbon, and lots of crinkly paper rolled up in balls.  Some of my family have bought him little toys which is sweet.  I know he prefers the bags and boxes and I think they are cottoning on to this so the toys may come to an end.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Now we have Molly, Travis, Hannah and Jake with us.  I don't have time to make stockings this year so I had to buy four new ones at the craft store.  I just won't tell the cats they're not getting handmade ones.  

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
But they will know they're not being treated as equal.  
    You must make teenzy weenzy little stockings for all of them!  They are so cute. 

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would love to buy a cat tree for Bella & Thunder this Christmas if I can .

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did buy my kitties gifts this year.  I gave them 2 already and the 3rd will be at Christmas.

I bought them a sissle scratch matt, and also a large pressed cardboard scratch box.  The one being kept for Christmas is a new stainless steel water fountain.   My vet suggested getting rid of the plastic  PetMate because it might be contributing to Spencer's allergies.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Really? Because of bacteria or something?  I use plastic water fountains.  
She didn't say and I didn't ask.  But my boy has had problems with his mouth. He had a 2 week antibiotic injection 3 or 4 times and I switched him and his sisters to a special allergy diet. I couldn't switch just him because I free feed dry between wet meals, and none of them are big eaters and prefer to nibble through the day.  She just said that it is best to use stainless steel or ceramic dishes instead of plastic for both water and food.

So now they have ceramic plates and bowls, and a couple of ceramic water bowls around the apartment. But they miss the fountain.

laralove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would if I had more money. I may hang a stocking for him this year and get him a little toy or something. A new type of treat. I don't know. My kids would really enjoy him having a stocking with something in it!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
And the stockings were hung on the railing with care.....

while Muffin starts searching for whatever is in there.

She's at the wrong end; her stocking is to the right, next to Tabby's. You can't see it. I'm not done decorating the railing yet....we wrap garland around the wire. But since she was there, I thought I'd go ahead and take the picture.

The stockings are: Rick's, mine, BooBoo's, Ms. Pepe's, Bootser's, Amber's, Mollipop's, Tabby's (who is getting a large lump of coal this year!), and Muffin's stocking can't  be seen, but it's there, too. I'll take a picture when the railing is decorated.

We started buying larger stockings for the kids when Mollipop came into the house. Molli's, Tabby's, and Muffin's stockings have their names on them.

They have cans of cat food and a bag of treats. And they need some nip....they haven't had any catnip for a while now, so that's on their list, too. And they're getting a new Da Bird....it should be here in a few days, but they won't open it til Christmas.

Last edited:

luciafernanda

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Our cats have always got presents, and we put treats in the paper to try and make them open them themselves...sometimes it works :p Billy already found his present (catnip mice) this year though...bad cat. I feel bad I won't be with Lucia over (her first) Christmas so I'm going to go crazy in the pet shops back home to see what I can get her that I can't buy here...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tabbysia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This will be my younger cat's first Christmas (he was born in March), so I would like to make it special for him--even
though he will have no clue what is going on. I would also like to give my other cat presents to make up bringing another kitty into her space (even though she seems to love him now). I know I am sounding crazier by the minute!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
 I know I am sounding crazier by the minute!
Welcome to the club, Tabbysia!  You do realize that hanging out with people who talk about what they give their cats for Christmas is more than enough to put you on the crazy list in some circles.....  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tabbysia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, that's why I only talk about it on here!!

sillywabbit

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, I was going to get Robbie a Petmate ... *scratches head*

Last Christmas both our gifts was a move to a lovely apartment far from the yukky house I'd been renting. He also tore down every last felt icicle on my windows . He's too fat for that this year. But a cat condo would be nice.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
.............. they need some nip....they haven't had any catnip for a while now, so that's on their list, too. And they're getting a new Da Bird....it should be here in a few days, but they won't open it til Christmas.
........... He also tore down every last felt icicle on my windows . He's too fat for that this year. But a cat condo would be nice.
    You seriously think you can avoid prezzies being hunted down and dug out, or decorations becoming the ultimate December cat toy?   Luciafernanda knows the most likely ending from experience already.  

Our cats have always got presents, and we put treats in the paper to try and make them open them themselves...sometimes it works :p Billy already found his present (catnip mice) this year though...bad cat. ........
My boy is already in kitty play zone as my cards have started to arrive.  He it to be found climbing up to pull them off the shelves and chewing their corners at every oportunity.  

panther n river

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Really? Because of bacteria or something?  I use plastic water fountains.  
Cats are known to have or develop allergies to plastic. And plastic also makes the taste and smell of water yucky. That's why ceramic and stainless steel is recommended better!