Do you believe in ghosts?

momto3boys

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since we were talking about imaginary friends I thought it would be fun to tell our own ghosts stories.

When we first bought this house 6 yrs ago i was 8 mths pregnant with Tysin...the VERY first night we slept here I could sense "something"....not nesessarily scary but alomst as if I was being watched constantly and for some reason I cannot explain it felt like a man. There would be times I would be petrified to come out of the shower, I always felt like someone would be standing in the bathroom with me when I opened the shower curtain, I would lay awake at night, too scared to close my eyes because I could feel someone staring at me. I told Craig and my parents, but I do have an active imagination and they told me moving into a new house, pregnancy hormones, etc etc it was all just getting the best of me...there was times that I thought I was losing my mind. Craig used to call me crazy and make fun of me, he doesn't believe in ghosts.

Well one night our 3 yr old son Dakin was sleeping with us, all of a sudden he sat right up in bed and said "Daddy, who is that man watching us?"

I was like "OMG OMG OMG where is he Dakin?"
He said "Right there" and pointed right outside our bedroom doorway which is where I felt his presence most (right under our attick door and outside the bathroom, our bedroom doorway).

Craig turned white as Dakin told us what he was wearing and showed us exactly where the man stood...he giggled when he told us the man was gone.

I have NEVER felt his precense since that night and Dakin still talks about it
Craig wouldn't apologize to me but he did admit to some friends that we had a ghost

I know it's not spooky.....but that's all I've got.

So let's hear yours

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
There was another thread with the last year asking the same question, and several people told their stories. Not sure where it it, but if you don't get lots of replies, you might do a search.

Anyway, I definitely believe. In one house I lived in (thank God I didn't own it!) there was one room that I was petrified to go in. If for some reason I had to enter it, I ran in and got what I needed and ran out ASAP, and everytime I entered I got chillbumps. Don't know why, but that room really scared me. No one else got that feeling, only me.

I've had lots of friends who have had experiences, but my hubby makes fun of all of us

meow meow meow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yeah, i do believe in ghosts... Last year when my grandma died (R.I.P grandma <3) my mum and our family, we could swear we could sense her in our house and my dad and brother claimed that the air smelt like the perfume she wore.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh how weird is that I was just going to post a thread do you believe in orbs?my hubbys grandad passed away recently and we have some of his stuff in our house,one night last week my hubby was out and I was on the phone talking to my mum about the stuff we have got of his and his nannas(she died too recently) when the next thing the whole box with the stuff in rattled and the whole room went cold.I nearly pooed myself
ell my dh has just taken some pics of our new decking and some of the pictures are clear and then some others are covered in what look like orbs,one is amazing and massive,it lights up our hose wall like someone is shining a torch beam on it,how weird.x

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I do..there are way too many stories for them not to be real!

But thank heavens I have never seen one!

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I believe in ghosts. I was 6 the first time I saw a ghost. They were 2 old people, I saw them in the hallway at my great grandmother's house. I saw them that once, and never saw them again. In my house I've seen a woman, a little boy, a girl, a man, and a cat that looked exactly like
Lynxx
but wasn't him, because
Lynxx
was still alive and well at the time. I have an aunt who died in 2006, she's come to visit me a few times since then. The place where my mother works is haunted, people have seen and heard lots of things there. I've seen and heard somethings there. Midnight was with me last time I was there. He was in my arms, he stiffened in my arms, he was shaking, dug his claws into me. He heard footsteps before I did. We were the only 1's there. I got out us out of there quickly.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My parents bought this house in 1992, when they moved up here from Austin to be closer to my brother and me. The previous owners had been a young couple who were expecting, who had bought the house because they needed room for their baby. But one day when the little boy was two years old, they lost track of him just long enough that he ran out into the street, where he was killed by a car.

The couple moved out immediately, and the house stood vacant for over a year before my parents bought it. Other potential buyers had been spooked by the story, but to my parents, it was not a deterrent. My father, especially, believed in ghosts and had seen several of them in his lifetime (as well as a couple of other things he couldn't explain), as had two other members of his family.

So it didn't scare him when, one morning a couple of months after they moved in, he was standing at the sink in his room and felt a tug at his pants leg. He saw no one there (they had no cats at this time), and "realized" it was the ghost of the little boy. That's how he described it: he realized it as a fact, rather than concluding it by way of evidence. He said he sensed the little boy's presence for two or three minutes, and each time he spoke to him, he felt an answering tug.

This was in 1992, long before my father got so sick, and he was not yet taking any major drugs or suffering from Alzheimer's. He was an extremely smart, logical, clear-headed person, and if he says there are ghosts, I believe it.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I never did, until I saw them for myself. I saw my first ghost when I was 14. I've spent many, many years trying to formulate a rational explanation for what I saw, but I can't find one. A few other things have happened since then, as well.

I believe my house was haunted when we first moved in. I twice heard, very clearly, a man, then a woman, sneezing, coughing, and clearing their throats in the room above me. I was alone, except for 2 cats--and cats don't clear their throats--certainly not like a man's deep voice! Anyway, Marge and Jasmine were both asleep on chairs a few feet away--I could see them the whole time. The sound was so distinct, my head snapped up. I was dusting the dining room table at the time, which makes it funny--guess the ghosts have allergies, too! I heard it again a week or so later (again, I was alone, and all the windows and doors were shut--no outside noise). I haven't heard it since then. I have no rational explanation for it--the house was extremely quiet--I was familiar with what little sound there typically were--and nothing sounds like it. It came for what was then the guest room. Yes, I've slept in there after that, but wasn't afraid--if anything, everyone always commented on how well they slept in that tiny, cramped room (the double bed took up most of the room).

I nicknamed the ghosts "George" and "Ellen".

nerdrock

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've had so many experiences, I can't not believe.

When I was a toddler my mom was putting me to bed one night when they were going out so that the sitter wouldn't have to do it. She was wearing a locket that had my grandmother's picture in it, I was playing with it so she asked me if I knew who it was. I responded with, "Yes, that's the lady that comes into my room at night.". My grandmother died when my mom was 2 from MS.

At my parents house, the upstairs hall way starts with the staircase, there's a little landing after the first part, then you turn and go up 3-4 more stairs. From the landing you can see directly into what was my bedroom. Every single night I would have to sleep either with the door shut or with my back to the door because I could see the silhouette of a man on the landing and feel him there. I had no clue who he was and it just freaked me out. He was tall and thin, for some reason I always remember him as wearing an old suit that was a bit too big and a tie that was thinner than a normal one, but not really skinny either.

After my first dog passed away I stayed at my parents house for a few days (I was in college, he passed just after exams). We all could hear his tags jingling as he walked from room to room like he did every night switching beds. We'd feel him get up on the bed or hear him flop down on the floor. My mom said it continued for about a week after I came back to London. Soon after it stopped there, it started at my place. He had only been there a few times, I would take him for a weekend sometimes so I could spend some time with him - this was before I had Sadie. I could hear him coming down the hall into my room (or where ever I was) and then feel his head on my hand like he did when he wanted pats.

I never heard Lois or Frisco (my cats from my parents house), but my parents did.

When Stanley died, we heard his tags for about a month after. We had taken his collar off after he went and placed them on the tv stand, they have never been moved. We both heard him as he'd come from the living room to the bedroom and jump up on the bed.

When I was in college I lived on the main floor of a house. There was another apartment in the basement, but the floors were pretty sound proof because we never heard anything from the people below us - even though they had parties almost every night. Anyways, things would frequently be moved around, the dirty dishes would rattle and go from scattered around the counter to being stacked and the sink would be filled up with warm, soapy water (a hint maybe? lol). We would also walk in there and all of the cupboard doors would be open. If I bought any sort of processed food (like KD) and put it on my shelf, it would be moved to one of my roommate's shelves. We all had our initials on our personal food, even though we were all friends. The dogs would also bark and stare at random spots on the walls, corners, and a rocking chair that would be moved. Activity was greater if I had been knitting. I ended up contacting an animal communicator because we couldn't take the barking and didn't know how to make it stop. She was a friend and asked Sadie some general questions that I knew the answer to, then asked her what she was barking at all the time. Sadie showed her what the woman looked like and it described my grandmother that used to visit me when I was a child to a T. She told Sadie that it was alright that the woman was there and she needed to stop barking at her. We also walked through our house and told her that it was alright that she was there, but she needed to be less active. The activity continued to a lesser degree until we all moved to our own places after college. We still have a bit of activity where we live now, but not nearly as much. Mostly if I misplace something small, it will show up on our coffee table in the morning, usually under something that I knew I looked under the day before.

I know I have more stories but that's all that I can remember right now.

I have another friend who's mother's house is haunted. She rarely goes there anymore because she's always attacked when she goes there. She's woken up with scratches all over her face and body, if she goes into the basement it's even worse. Whatever it is doesn't bother her mother, just her.

She was driving down a road one time and felt something in the car with her. A few seconds later something grabbed the steering wheel, the gas peddle was pushed down and almost drove her into the ditch. She is a very careful driver and her car was checked out right after and everything was fine.

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I absolutely do! My Mom and her family grew up in a haunted house and they all have LOTS of stories to tell. A friend of my aunt's who can see spirits/ghosts, also says that there is the ghost of an old lady here in the duplex. My aunt says it was built by 2 elderly sisters.
Both she and I have experienced a few unexplained things, but nothing too frightening.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I always say that I don't believe in ghosts.....but I'm afraid of 'em.

We've had some interesting experiences with unexplained things in my parents' house. Things that go "bump" in the night. Lots of weird noises. My brother and I always thought the house was haunted, even though my parents had built it and it wasn't an older home at that time. I refused to go into the basement by myself, even during the daylight hours.

There was a time when DH and I had separated and I and our son had moved back home. Mom and Dad were camping and they had taken DS with them, so it was just me and my brother at the house. One night I got home and I was sitting at the kitchen table smoking a cigarette when I decided to call a friend. I picked the phone up and there was somebody on the line (we had a private line). I said, "Hello?" And the man said, "I'm coming for you. Give me a minute." And that was it.

I hightailed it out of the house and sat in my car in the driveway until my brother got home. We got out of our cars and I told him what happened. What bothered him was that we did have a phone in the basement and well.....too many urban legends, I guess. Anyway, we went into the house, I made coffee and we sat at the table talking. We knew we had to check out the basement, but we were just putting it off.

Suddenly we heard a loud bang! in the basement. We both stopped dead and looked at each other. My brother started cussing a blue streak and went back to the closet for the gun. He started down the steps with me right behind him, hanging onto the hem of his shirt (honestly, by that time, it was probably like something out of a comedy, but trust me, we were scared poopless). Got into the basement and looked around the family room and the bar. Nothing. We walked over to Dad's workroom and the trailer hitch was on the floor. Dad has an extra hitch to the camper and he had painted it and left it on the saw table to dry. The table was fairly big and that hitch was heavy. It's difficult to understand how it happened to fall....and on the same night as the weird phone call that came out of the blue.

We went back upstairs...no sooner were we sitting back at the table (with me chain-smoking one cigarette after another) and talking about what had happened. Only to hear another loud bang! in the basement.

We didn't bother to go back downstairs. We stayed in the kitchen the rest of the night playing canasta.

Later on, my brother was the only kid still living at home and my parents had gone camping to a state park. My brother always said that he heard strange noises when he was alone in the house at night (and I can vouch for that).....he had the radio playing all night so the noise would drown out the sounds. One night around midnight or so, there was a knock at our kitchen door; it was my brother and he was white. He had gone to bed and that night for some reason, the noises were unbelievable. Noises, sounds, voices, the whole bit. And he was alone. He couldn't take it anymore and came to our house for the rest of the night.

One morning, Mom and Dad were out in the kitchen. Mom was making breakfast and we three kids were getting ready for school. She had just poured Dad a cup of coffee when the blender turned on. It just turned on. Mom stood there, I guess so startled she didn't know what to do. Dad said, "Unplug it!" Mom went over to the blender only to see that it had never been plugged in. But it was running. They threw it out.

Before she passed away, my aunt lived in a second story apartment. She had lived there a good twenty years or so. Right after she moved in, she came down to see my parents and told them her apartment was haunted. Evidently there was an elderly man who would walk through her bedroom closet door, come into the bedroom and sit on the the corner of the bed. And he would talk to her. He did this twice a week. It wouldn't have been so bad, but my mother happened to know a couple who had lived in the apartment years before. And the woman said the exact same thing! The man didn't do anything. Just came through the closet door, sat on the bed and talked to my aunt. My aunt didn't have to say anything; he would just sit there and chat to her. She wasn't scared; she always said that he seemed very nice.

After my aunt died, my sister and I had the task of cleaning out her apartment. We often wondered if the man was still there and if he was lonely since my aunt was gone. We were tempted to spend a couple nights in the apartment, but, to be honest? We chickened out.

ETA: Ruthy, as for orbs, I have some amazing pictures of orbs that I took when we were in Gettysburg several years ago. According to the lore, the color of the orb denotes what kind of orb it is. White is a good spirit, orange not so good, red is really bad. We were on a Ghost Walk in Gettysburg and during the walk, I took some shots of a building that has the legend of a boy supposedly freezing to death outside a window; evidently at one time, the building was a school or something. Anyway, when I checked my pictures, there was a huge orange orb "floating" outside a window....yep, the same window.

Later on that night, we went back to a monument at the back end of a campground where my SIL's relatives were camping. There were five of us and the guys lined up next to the monument so I could take a picture. When we looked at the picture later on, there was an orb right between my husband and my brother....honestly, it looked just like a face. Like a man wanted to be included in the picture. Very weird.

If I can find the pictures, I'll post them.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
this is an really interesting Topic!:...

My life always have been involved in Music, I read in somewhere, "The problem with the real life is has not have Background music"....

I put this link as music of background before to read this thread!...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Berv6...eature=related
I can´t avoid it...

And was very cool to read you experiences...

Thanks for share & Read!...

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This is my only known experience with ghosts.

I was in a mausoleum somewhere and was looking at the plaques and stuff. Just for giggles, I knocked twice underneath a plaque. Heard 2 knocks back. Hmmm, thought I was alone in there. Go to the other side to see who was there and there was no one. Thinking it was an echo, I went back and knocked twice again. Nothing. I got out of there fairly quick.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by meow meow meow

Yeah, i do believe in ghosts... Last year when my grandma died (R.I.P grandma <3) my mum and our family, we could swear we could sense her in our house and my dad and brother claimed that the air smelt like the perfume she wore.
When my Dad first passed away and for months and months afterward... the smell of his aftershave would pop up in the most unusual places. I did have a psychic tell me that he looks after me.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I've had a few encounters with the paranormal. I personally think its an insult to call them "ghosts".. they're spirits and they're stuck here on Earth for a reason.

This picture was taken in my sister's home, where they've, too, experienced paranormal activities. This orb was taken in their dining room.. the pic was cropped and blown up a bit. But.. can you see a face in there? We believe that's a spirit of a woman that once lived in the house. I see an elderly woman with dark hair. Some people see a Casper like figure. What do you think?

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Draco

I've had a few encounters with the paranormal. I personally think its an insult to call them "ghosts".. they're spirits and they're stuck here on Earth for a reason.

This picture was taken in my sister's home, where they've, too, experienced paranormal activities. This orb was taken in their dining room.. the pic was cropped and blown up a bit. But.. can you see a face in there? We believe that's a spirit of a woman that once lived in the house. I see an elderly woman with dark hair. Some people see a Casper like figure. What do you think?

Looks like an elephant with holes in his belly to me