Do you bathe your cat regularly?

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
We don't. They seem to handle their coat well with some additional brushings and nothing more. Last time I tried bathing my Mishmish I ended up with sharp cuts
and I did get the message - she doesn't like it.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my gosh no!!! I thought bathing my hedgehogs is bad enough, I can't imagine bathing my cats! But it would do me no good anyway, they would just get dirty outside again.

kezzer

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Everyonce in a while I give mine baths. I gave them baths before we moved to try and get rid of some of their fleas. It didn't help much because the new place had been infested. The two bigger cats didn't have much of a problem after I put on flea collars, but my baby kept getting infested. I've given him about 3 more baths and a new collar and so far so good!

comradekitties

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I bathe for shows - some of the cats tolerate it very well others I pick up off the ceiling. I have one that loves her bathes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I'm writing an article about how to bathe your cat.

Some pretty funny stuff

Any tips anyone has will be appreciated!

comradekitties

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Will always remeber the day I bathed this old apple head Siamese - I had to pick her off the ceiling - my shower curtains were down and she was almost hanging off the walls. Never again did she get a bath. Never !!!! Linda