Do you allow your cat to walk around sedatives?

Hoboforeternity

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Rivel is still wobbly, but she won't sleep after her dental treatment. I already keep her in my room where there are no stairs or anything. She cannot jump yet, so i put a rabbit gate in front of the door. She can walk around as long as she's not falling right?

suzeanna

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think that's fine... My cat couldn't sleep for a few days after her January dental (classic buprenorphine) and would just wander and lay down in different places with her eyes open. She had 7 teeth removed and they said she shouldn't play for two weeks, but after a week she got antsy and started climbing things she never climbed on before!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hoboforeternity

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think that's fine... My cat couldn't sleep for a few days after her January dental (classic buprenorphine) and would just wander and lay down in different places with her eyes open. She had 7 teeth removed and they said she shouldn't play for two weeks, but after a week she got antsy and started climbing things she never climbed on before!
I let her walk around but blocked the stairs. She still can't jump so it's fine and silver can jump over the blockade i made. She's just looking around the house, but now she isn't wobbly and falling anymore.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Various sedatives can have this effect and it sounds as if you have secured everything so that Rivel is safe, can't fall, won't climb or injure herself.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hoboforeternity

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
she look recovered now so i let her roam around the house again this morning. i also almost couldn't sleep because she try to claw the door to get out