Do they ever give us a break?

tyleete

Queen of the Crazy
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Walked into my cat (Shade's) room tonight to find her bum all wet. Took a sniff and smelled wrong. Took a wet wipe and it's blood. Wiped it all away, took pics and called my vet.
Yes, I have her home number.😄
Explained and then sent her pictures. She said...
"That is skin irritation around her rectum and can wait until tomorrow. We will have to shave and clean as well as do a rectal.
See you tomorrow."
I swear! Do they ever give us a break?!? I need for there NOT to be a freaking emergency for long enough to catch my breath!
She had been doing SO well too!
Her food change had some a dramatic turn around to suddenly no puddle poop anymore. She had 3 days of barely eating, but on the new food food a complete change and different eating plenty!
Then last night she peed on my son's bed (I now have to replaced the top 2 layers on his personal comfort bed at around 1k), pooped outside the box (solid but not constipated-dried out), and then tonight this! Bleeding and irritation from her bum.
My poor gal. She's already got a med heart murmur, IBD, & scl gi. I'm so afraid to ask... What next?:(
Just venting but thanks. I've got 10 with more than half with medical problems. It gets rough. Not just financially, but mentally.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Ooo, that's rough including the bed :(

Maybe drape something water repellent over it during the day ... ?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tyleete

Queen of the Crazy
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh she's not getting access to his room anymore. She's still got a fun-filled 9x12 bedroom, full bath and hallway all to herself.
And it turned out she had an abscessed anal gland that ruptured. Yuck. She was shaved, cleaned out and up, and given a Convenia injection. My poor baby. This is the one with IBD & scl GI. She's got enough going on without something like this. I've never had a cat with anal gland problems before. Hopefully never again.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh she's not getting access to his room anymore. She's still got a fun-filled 9x12 bedroom, full bath and hallway all to herself.
And it turned out she had an abscessed anal gland that ruptured. Yuck. She was shaved, cleaned out and up, and given a Convenia injection. My poor baby. This is the one with IBD & scl GI. She's got enough going on without something like this. I've never had a cat with anal gland problems before. Hopefully never again.
I had a cat with this issue one time, and thankfully it only happened the one time and never again. Hoping the same will be true for your girl too.

Whoever said cats are good for your blood pressure obviously didn't have cats with "issues" :lol:. My blood pressure was good until my latest cats, but, of course, I wouldn't trade them for anything.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I swear! Do they ever give us a break?!?
I had two very rough years, the last two years with my senior cats, and I thought it was just natural that two senior cats would give so much anxiety given their age.

But now, with two very young kitties, I am having one trouble, or issue, or headache, after the other. Not a month has gone by without at least one visit at the vets', even in emergency.
I dread their senior years, if their kittenhood has been so troubled so far.

No, it seems they never give us a break 😂

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tyleete

Queen of the Crazy
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I feel yah. I have another that needs a cyst removed and they asked if I wanted it done the next day.
I looked at my current emergency and sighed. Said let me focus on her right now. We canfu him next week.😄