Do not buy Temptations Cat Treats, They are slowly killing your cats & Whiskas is not doing anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey. I am a new cat owner. I'm really scared because I bought Temptations chicken flavor and my cat loves it. Will it kill her?! I'm really scared! I love my cat so much and I will die inside if she goes to the sky. Please. DO NOT TELL NE RUMORS. Tell me the truth if it's possible. I don't give her too much. I give maybe three a day or four. Not a bag full.
I have given my cats These treats for years ever since they stopped carrying pounce treats and nothing bad has ever happened to them with the exception of stomach upset when they eat too many. They will not kill your pets or make them ill unless there's an allergy or something. Some of these rumors stem from Temptations Cat Treats Facebook Warning | Snopes.com
It's is an anecdotal incident.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I was really nervous reading all the things people say on this website. I am not trying to harm her. It's relieving knowing someone fed their cat these treats and nothing bad has happened. I took her to the vet and the vet said she seemed fine
I have given them to multiple cats over the years one of whom was 20 when she died.

I also know multiple people who give them to their pets.

Kitty lover22

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have given them to multiple cats over the years one of whom was 20 when she died.

I also know multiple people who give them to their pets.
Thank you. Thank god they are rumors. I was nervous when I read this thread.

Lyn Montgomery

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I happened to have found this site because I am having an issue w my cat. I tested out the cat food and avoided the treats. Our cat got better. Gave her the treats again, and she got sick again. Stopped giving her the treats for a while, and she was good. Tried one more time to see if it could be the treats, and she got the runs and was sick again. The treats were Temptations - tested the following flavors: chicken, beef and turkey All of them had the same issues. I’m done w them. I was looking for a recall, and this post came up in my search. So... there very well may be an issue w these treats I dont know. Just sharing our experience for others to know. I already complained to the company.
i had the same issue with my 2 cats, i had 2 party mix and 1 temptations. My cat got chocked about twice a week, now i know it was when she got the temtations, too late for her, she died in my arms after giving her this, but saved my other cat when she started having the same issue, she is doing fine now, stopped all treats.

Kitty lover22

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
THE TREATS KILL?! PLEASE STOP SAYING RUMORS CAUSE YOU'LL FREAK PEOPLE OUT. I'M ALREADY SCARED

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here you have all the choices in the world. Unless you're training your cat to do cute tricks, or giving them medicine, do you really need to give them treats? You can always use a different brand or flavor of regular food, wet or dry, for treats, it makes you more comfortable. Our cat is thrilled with a few pieces of a different brand of dry food as a treat.

Beholder

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
THE TREATS KILL?! PLEASE STOP SAYING RUMORS CAUSE YOU'LL FREAK PEOPLE OUT. I'M ALREADY SCARED
If cats were dropping dead left and right they wouldn't be sold in almost every grocery and pet store in America. Some people have anecdotal evidence. Correlation is not causation.

No need to freak out, just don't give them to your cat if you're uncomfortable.

PWLG

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This older thread was revisited today and I just read every post. My most prominent thought by the end of it is this…why are some of you so concerned about what I am giving to my cat and demanding (in bold letters) that I do something else? I read nothing to prove the theory that Temptations are killing cats. Everyone here is doing what we believe is best for our cat(s), those choices are entirely our own.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This part of your post why are some of you so concerned about what I am giving to my cat I think I can answer. Most people on this site, who love cats, love all cats, those they own, those they know, and those they haven't met. That makes them concerned for any perceived danger they see about your cat. It isn't to control you, it's posted to help you protect your cat. Just like other warnings. Particularly since pet food companies only recall pet food and snacks when a large number of pets have sickened or died. Consider the pig ear treats and how many complaints had to be made before companies stopped selling them.

Again, it's not about controlling you or your cat. If you don't want the information, don't read the threads about personal experiences with pet foods and treats.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I do agree that the advice is not meant in a malicious way. People here are concerned about their cats and have made decisions based on personal experiences and only want to warn others, if the warning resonates with them.

I feed Temptations in small amounts as does my cat vet to her own cats. Right now my Jamie has a much better chance of dropping dead from his newly diagnosed cardiomyopathy than from Temptations; in fact, the only way he takes his meds is with Temptations to which I "glue" the pill with a tiny bit of pill paste.

I don't feed raw. Many responsible and informed Cat Site members do and their cats have not had bad experiences from it. We all have to do what we think is right for our cats.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
This thread is now seven pages long.
The source of the information stated in the first post is discredited and there appears to be no definitive link between Temptations and renal failure. The member who started the thread has only the one post and has not returned to the debate.
We feel that this topic has been well and truly discussed, and are now locking this thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.