Do I work today or no??

kittyprincess

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was in the e.r. tuesday night untill 4 in the morning. The doctor told me that I would be on bedrest for a while. On the discharge sheet that I recieved when I left says no work untill may 15th. which is today. i asked my gma and i asked my bf's mom and they both say that i return to work tomorrow. I called my job and told them i would fax them the letter and they say no its ok. does it mean i work today or i go in tomorrow? 4 people say i go in tomorrow no one told me yet that i work today

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tomorrow. And I hope it says June 15 not May 15, or you'll really be in trouble
How are you feeling now?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Tomorrow. And I hope it says June 15 not May 15, or you'll really be in trouble
How are you feeling now?
I hope it says June 15th as well!

I'd go in tomorrow. Definately tomorrow- take the day off and rest!

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittyprincess

I was in the e.r. tuesday night untill 4 in the morning. The doctor told me that I would be on bedrest for a while. On the discharge sheet that I recieved when I left says no work untill may 15th. which is today. i asked my gma and i asked my bf's mom and they both say that i return to work tomorrow. I called my job and told them i would fax them the letter and they say no its ok. does it mean i work today or i go in tomorrow? 4 people say i go in tomorrow no one told me yet that i work today
Tomarrow. I had an Dr's excuse once, and it said no work untill the 6th of, and he said that ment no work on the 6th, and I should return to work on the 7th.

But in any case, I would make sure your work is ok with that, and maybe even call the DR and ask to clarify.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I've had a 'return to work' slip from the doctor....the date on the slip is the day that you return. Which would mean that you return to work on the 15th. If in doubt, you should call work and see what their rules are. Of course, whenever I've had to be off work, I was required to give them the work restriction papers when I received them, and those papers usually say when you are expected to return to work or be re-evaluated to return to work.

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And holy shmacks...I forgot you were pregnant.

Yeah, go to work tomarrow. Sheesh, take the rest of the week off if you want.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittyprincess

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
oh yea it says june 15, so i guess i wont be going in today told them i would fax them the paper they said no give to them when i come in!! i just hope i dont get fired!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittyprincess

oh yea it says june 15, so i guess i wont be going in today told them i would fax them the paper they said no give to them when i come in!! i just hope i dont get fired!!
You can't get fired- its for your health, its not like your skipping work just because- you have a dr. note!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definately tomorrow. You need an extra day of rest! Has the bleeding stopped?

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh dear!!! Definitely take today off! heck, the whole weekend if you can. You and that baby need to get better!!!

Typically if it says "...until the 15th" that means that the doctor says to start back to work on the 15th. But if he rights "...through the 15th" then that means to take the 15th off.

Regardless of terms though...just take today off if you already haven't!!

kittyprincess

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
yes the bleeding has stopped!!! Thank you lord!!! the doc said i have a common cyst on my left ovary (he said alot of pregnant people get it, aka cyst of pregnancy) and he also told me that the placenta is right above my cervix and he thinks that as i get further along the placenta will move up and if not then i have to have a c section and cant have a natural birth. we saw the baby on the ultrasound machine and we heard the heart beat the doc said the baby is very healthy thank god!!

whosamyhercules

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Im glad the baby and you are healthy. C-sections arent bad at all, I had them with both my girls. Id opt for that any day over natural..Id def take the day off and rest and relax, your pregnant and have a dr note. I dont think anyone would get mad.

kittyprincess

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WhosaMyHercules

Im glad the baby and you are healthy. C-sections arent bad at all, I had them with both my girls. Id opt for that any day over natural..Id def take the day off and rest and relax, your pregnant and have a dr note. I dont think anyone would get mad.
i think everything will work out ok! i just keep thinking positive and keep my hopes up and i say my prayers!!! I dont really think anymore that i will get into trouble plus i have a doc note!