Do I need to start all over or not?

poivre

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have been giving my Norma-Jean limited ingredient canned rabbit for a couple of months now and took her off the limited ingredient 1/2 rabbit and 1/2 venison (which she also loved).
It was a test suggested by my vet to see if she might not be allergic to rabbit. Well ... she is! And everything else as well. (Chicken, turkey, beef, duck, fish, pork, you name it) She's still scratching.
So our final step now is to see if a steady diet of nothing but the limited ingredient of venizon (ziwi peak) might be the winner. (She's already been through the specialized Hills CD routine and she wouldn't touch a drop.)
My question is: Am I safe in just going back to her full can again or must I once again go through the entire process of 1/4 to 1/2 to 3/4 to a whole can of venison once again?
Thanks for any help -- and please stay safe and well in 2022.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I see no reason why you couldn't just go back to feeding 100% the venison since she likes it and is familiar with it already.
However, your vet really should be the one to guide you in the transition since he knows her history best. There may be a reason to slowly change over.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I see no reason why you couldn't just go back to feeding 100% the venison since she likes it and is familiar with it already.
However, your vet really should be the one to guide you in the transition since he knows her history best. There may be a reason to slowly change over.
Agreed

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

poivre

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks. He's good with it -- in fact he was the one to suggest it.
She loves it. Now if only it works!
Have a safe 2022.