Do I love my cat a little too much? How can i stop it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

missj

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've lived in a country i've always hated and always waited to go back home, but it wasn't possible..until now. I have 2 cats a boy and a girl. In my family everybody hates each other, my brother's on drugs, my mother doesnt live with me, and i live with a neighbor that my mom pays for two years now. Everyday of the past years the only joy i had were and are my cats, for they are the only true 'humans' around me. I'm soon going to be 18 and finnaly all i've been waiting for may happen..which is me going back to my country. But ..I can't take my cats with me.. My boy,i love him like a sun, he is my son haha. But the girl, i love her more ,she's about 10-11 years now, she's not that cute so not too many people try to spoil her, but that's because they don;t get her. She's like me, suffered as much as i did ,and although i know she's just..a cat,but she's my everything for her and my country i would give my life. I wouldn't give it for any memeber of my family, nor friends nor anything.. Is that normal? i mean ofc it isnt. But I don't know what to do now..it's going to be a new life for me..new people..and.. a job maybe. and i'm....leaving her behind.. i don't know how to deal with this,,.,, even now i'm sitting next to her and cant hold back my tears,, i bet she doesnt have a clue what's going on.. And i know she will be well taken care of ,i mean they will. But no one understands her like i do, she doesnt really like people..and she's not like my baby boy ..he is cute and everybody loves him so i know he'll be alright. And me? How will i survive without the only being that ever stood by me. And what if one day i come back here and none of them recognizes me? PS sorry for writing this much..

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh missj, I do feel for you. Your cats have been there for you through very difficult times, which makes the bond so much stronger.

I don't know what to say except that you know the cats will be OK and your life will be so much better, even though you have to leave them behind.  Remember that they'll have each other.  And you have a new and exciting opportunity to return to a place where you can be happy.

It seems so terrible now, but it well get better. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

missj

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much for your kind words Mani.. I guess for now all i can do is love them like i've always done. Do you think they realize how much I love them or what's going on?

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I am sure your cats know how much you love them.. and they love you the same, if not more! It's impossible to love cats too much, especially in your situation. I do hope things get better for you, and I am glad the cats are there for you :)

missj

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you very much Draco. You know sometimes i feel it's a pity they can't say anything although they do..their own way. See that's the thing i know others won't understand them like i do.. As i'm sure every pet owner does with its pet..

missj

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No,unfortunately for me there isn't.. I'm going to stay at a family i never met, paying the rent. :( 

meowbox

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh no! Are you sure you can't take them with you? To answer your question...NO, you can't love your kitty a little too much!

Aunt Elainey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear your dilemma. Remember what a happy life you provided for your kitties and hopefully, someone will love them as much as you did❤ ....and maybe someday you can get another cat!🙂

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
OH, I am too sorry you are going through this...
Yes, your cats know how much you love them.. Cats are very intuitive.. They understand. They love you..

But you must do what is BEST for you! Your loves will understand. They will miss you as much as you miss them; but they understand. They want the best thing for you, as you do for them...

Is there any way you can find someone, who you know, or passes your 'test' to leave them with? That would be the best. They will be loved by someone you know and care about..

If not, is there a good shelter you can surrender them to? And stipulate that the go to a good person, who will love them...

I used to volunteer in a shelter.. Some of them are so amazing in what they do--love the kitties, and screening prospective owners...

You really need to do what is good for you... That is the number one thing to focus on..

You will be lonely, but once you are settled---just think, You can provide a homeless kitty with all the love you have... and make a miracle happen... Yes, you can do this....

Please be kind to yourself... When it is time, the right kitty will come to you, in your NEW home...
Life is just bunch of challenges and changes.. Angels come to us in many forms... some in kitties. some in people.. Please do not grieve too much for them.. you have to focus on yourself.. and what is best for you... Your babies will understand.. I promise you....

(((hugs))))
:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Youcantseemegrrr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I dont get this. I dont get why people young or old get pets then in life's difficulties get rid of them. Don't get animals if you can't take care of them 10+ years from now(speaking from life's difficulties) . The only way a pet or pets wouldn't come with me is if I died. I'm actually surprised by respones.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont get this. I dont get why people young or old get pets then in life's difficulties get rid of them. Don't get animals if you can't take care of them 10+ years from now(speaking from life's difficulties) . The only way a pet or pets wouldn't come with me is if I died. I'm actually surprised by respones.
I get what you're saying, but sometimes life throws a wrench in the works.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Just a note that this is an 8 year old thread. The original poster hasn't been on in several years.

Xena44

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I know it’s difficult to understand, but until we’ve walked a mile in this woman shoes, we don’t really know what she’s going through. Obviously she is a major conflict over this. And she’s not taking it lightly. Please try to be compassionate.

Status
Not open for further replies.