Do-gooders Offering Low Cost Internet Service And Computers

Feral Mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello,
I just read where a member here does not have a computer, and I thought I would post these 2 websites, (same company, but they seem to have 2 websites now)
as a place for people who are eligible
to check out if they might qualify for a low cost computer.
Some members here may be eligible to apply:

Non-profits and Individuals - Low Cost Refurbished Desktops, Laptops, Internet and Accessories

----or---------

Home: PCs for People - PCs for People

This group of do-gooders :yess:, is called "PCs for people"

and they are trying to bring internet and computers to low income people
so do click on both websites linked above,
to examine which website is best for you. but i am thinking
if you do not live in Minnesota,
that THIS next website might be the one to use then

Non-profits and Individuals - Low Cost Refurbished Desktops, Laptops, Internet and Accessories

but, i am not certain. sorry.:cool2:

They sell an amazing little box that is a hotspot of sorts, (imo, but it might be called something else) which gives you the internet :hellocomputer:
to run the new computer. This small box costs $96 upfront (you then "own" the wifi box)
and about $16 per month after that for their internet service.
To use their internet box---------You have to live in a place where you can get Sprint coverage, see map here: Unlimited LTE Low Cost Internet Program

The $16 is for unlimited (no choke) internet, which IS a good deal, but, if one can not scrap together the $96, this would be out of their reach,
but, i would still contact this company anyway, to see if they have any financial help available for folks who can not splurge $96 on internet box.

Their cordless small, rechargeable internet box
is a really cool thing, though,:wow:
and you can bring it anywhere. I have had homecare clients that I helped them order this, and they are so happy to have the internet and a laptop.:yess::hellocomputer:

They sell refurbished computers and laptops, (as maybe some brand new ones, not sure)
Eligibility listed here:
Eligibility - PCs for People

There may other groups doing a similar thing(?), if one googles "cheap internet" and "cheap computers" online, and see what pops up.

My posting this might not be of much help since this is an ONLINE website/forum,:compsurfing: so we might assume all members here Have wifi and a laptop,
but some people are using their smartphones and they might enjoy having a full screen to enjoy the forum.

because they do not own computer OR wifi.

anyway, hope this helps someone here, or someone you know who might qualify.

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for posting!

The computers at the local library are also great for anyone to use. All you need is a library card which is free to sign up for. Computers may be used on a first come / first served basis or reserved. Laptops generally have to be reserved ahead of time and each library has their own policy regarding use (can it be taken home or can it only be used in the library?). And there's always free Wi-Fii for your own devices.

Maybe that member can look into a tablet to use for Internet use, too. An iPad might be too fancy and expensive but a basic Amazon Fire tablet works well.

If affording home Internet service is a problem, there are likely organizations working to help bring affordable service to low income people.