Do Dogs Look Like Their Owners?

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
This is a common saying, and I've found it is actually true, for the most part. Every single dog/owner I see have some sort of similarity, like blonde hair, muscular build, tall, short, etc.

What do you think about this? Is it just a myth or do dogs really resemble their owners?

acrazycatlady

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i agree i can remember my friend who i see with her dog alot and for me they started looking very alike and they smelled very much alike too

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I never thought about it until my daughter took a pic of me with our dog and then I realized his fur matched my hair color. :lol: We were very bonded and I think that was stronger than any resemblance. :redheartpump:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Back in the 70's I had a perm and brown kinky hair. I also had a brown poodle and people said we looked alike. But I really don't think people look like their dogs.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I have seen people with jowls just like their bulldogs. ;) And there's an older fellow in our neighborhood that resembles his basset hound, they even have the same walk. :D

TortitideBaby

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think my dog looks like my dad more than me, just way way way cuter. My other dog doesn't. Though he has resting bitch face, if that counts lol.