Do Cats Know We Love Them?

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
if anyone has read my threads they know I’m going through bit of bad time at moment - I’ve had to move Gracie and I out of our home due to DM and I’m frantically trying to find a forever home . I could have been rehomed sooner however I was advised no pets !! I put Gracie first and every place I view I ask if can have cats and ensure the balcony can be adapted into a catio for example. I know she doesn’t know what I’m However I’d like to think she knows I love her so very much . She is not a cuddly cat and very timid however is very relaxed when I’m in and is always near me! Bless her x

Attachments

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats very much like to do things in their own way in their own time; but that doesn't mean they don't love us. I believe that feline love is different from other types of love, and they let us know in their own ways. Whenever Fudge is tummy tickled, he lets us know that he's enjoying it by rolling over on another side so that we can tickle him some more. Both boys will tilt their heads when they want to be stroked, and when we're speaking to them sometimes they really look at us, listening. They will tell you in their own way :)

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Perhaps it's simply because mine have always been rescues or ex-ferals, but every one of my cats has always let me know that they understand that they're Loved without condition. Black Friday leaps into my lap whenever I sit down, bunting and scent-marking my face; Clawed-Ya stands up with her paws on my knees, purring like a diesel tractor; Oz and Miró will jump to the desk and stand against my shoulder, trilling and head-rubbing; Scottiecat will climb into my lap and spin like a furry top, ending up on her back for tummy rubs; Puff will jump to the end tables any time I sit, doing his meerkat impression for head bunts and rubs; Bob will curl against me, purring constantly, and pawing at the air; White Tip barely leaves my side all day, and is constantly chatting, trilling and purring at me; Lance, Peanut delight in being carried around the house, head-bunting as we walk together, and Moo Shu is forever licking my hands - and my nose if I pick her up.

I remind each and every one of them - every day - that they are safe and Loved forever, and that Love conquers all things, and in their turns, they remind me constantly that they understand that their old Lives of living outside in fear are over forever, and that they understand that they are each part and parcel to a Family whose bonds are stronger than any bond in Christendom.

Kitty Mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think cats can sense our emotions including our love for them. And I think they show us love in various ways. Sometimes Max will sit in my lap but doesn't want me to pet him. I think he just likes to be close.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gracie has never been loving as such and I still feel she misses her human daddy however I think she must like the peace . He used to shout at me every day and she would hide and be on edge . She does seem a little more chilled and shows me her Tummy a lot which she stopped doing so much in the home we had to leave

Blakeney Green

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
They absolutely do. The change when a cat who has been unloved realizes they are in a loving home is intense and beautiful. It can take a long time for them to realize, sometimes, but I'm confident that they do learn eventually and it matters a lot to them.

I'm sure your kitty loves you very much, and knows how much you love her too. :) Cats can be subtle in how they show it, but they do feel a mutual bond with their people.