Do any of your cats chase their tails?

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pete does. He gets a big kick out of his tail. He also chases Claire's, which she doesn't appreciate.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My 11 year old cat Tegato chases his tail still occassionally. It is hillarious to watch. Fortunately he does not growl or play rough with it. He will use chase it for a short time and eventually hit lays down and starts cleaning his tail.

shambelle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We never have the camera ready, but PJ is a major tail chaser. She pirouettes and spins around, getting lots of air under her. It's absolutely fascinating to watch her to do, and it's all we can do to keep from laughing like crazy and making her self-conscious. She's especially fond of chasing her tail when she's up against something - a wall, a table leg, or even when she's sitting in a box!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ginger used to chase her own tail - what a racket she'd make: A THUMPeta, THUMPeta, THUMPeta! For some reason, she'd usually do it in the kitchen while waiting for me to make her bowl of wet food up.

Now she spends her time stalking and chasing Ferris instead.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Essayons89

It's the funniest thing. Charlotte will spin herself around in circles trying to catch her own tail.

Do any of your cats do this?

Bryan
That is precisely how Persi fell into the full of water bathtub, being silly on the edge of the tub, chasing his tail. I told him only dogs did such things but it had no effect on him.

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, Palekana still chases her tail and she is 8 years old. Every once in a while she'll look at her tail as though she had never seen it before and start chasing it crazily. Eventually she calms down and starts licking it. Silly girl.
None of my other cats do this. They outgrew it long ago.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Zoey chases her tail alot ....lol... glad to see it is very common...

jmeeko10

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My Meeko the cat does that sometime lol he look at his back or tail then spin try catch something lol I wonder why lol

Last edited:

leopordnose1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
YES my old cat Zeus always chased his tail i thought i was the only person who had a cat chase his tail...

I dont have Zeus any more but he will always be remembered
is kinda what he looked like