Do Any Of You Feed Northwest Naturals?

Catlover579

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi there I am wondering if any of you have any experience with Northwest Naturals raw cat food. They have frozen and freeze dried..I just picked up a bag of the frozen to try it out but have not yet tried to feed yet. My cat is super picky...like probably the pickiest you can get! :livid: He loves dry food..I do feed a good quality brand but I would like him to eat more foods with moisture and no fruit/veggies, preferably raw. The one thing that he has been eating is Rad Cat venison. I was so glad I found something he likes that's healthy..but the problem is they are closing down, sadly. I am running out of Rad Cat , on the last tube. So I've been trying to find something he will eat to replace it. I have tried many types of raw ground meat (was planning on mixing with alnutrition once fpund a meat he will eat) iv tried ground venison, beef, bison. Also have ordered whole prey ground from my pet carnivore like duck, rabbit, goat, and he will not eat it. Many canned foods also which I'm not thrilled about but it would be better than just eating dry. He does drink plenty of water tho but still...
Anyway, sorry for the long story but have you tried Northwest Naturals? My cat is usually not a fan of poultry and right now that's all they offer so I'm not expecting good results but I thought I would try anyway, I am getting desperate!
Thanks!

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't feed this brand, but if she loved Rad Cat (very bummed about their closing down, myself...), I would stretch that last batch as far as possible and use the mix in method...a teaspoon of Rad Cat in a few tablespoons of the NWN, etc., to help ease the transition. (This might require a partial defrost/portion/re-freeze to keep the remaining Rad Cat fresh.)

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I like Northwest Naturals. It was my second go-to after Rad Cat before I started making the girls’ food. Two of mine liked the frozen; Iris, the picky one, wouldn’t touch it but she wouldn’t eat Rad Cat either...or any frozen commercial. All three liked the freeze dried. I had to feed Iris Rawz canned food. Fortunately, she loves homemade!

I also give them Northwest Naturals freeze dried pork liver treats for which they will shriek loudly and do their prairie dog imitation. :)

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like Northwest Naturals. It was my second go-to after Rad Cat before I started making the girls’ food. Two of mine liked the frozen; Iris, the picky one, wouldn’t touch it but she wouldn’t eat Rad Cat either...or any frozen commercial. All three liked the freeze dried. I had to feed Iris Rawz canned food. Fortunately, she loves homemade!

I also give them Northwest Naturals freeze dried pork liver treats for which they will shriek loudly and do their prairie dog imitation. :)
Like the cute little calico at 4 seconds in or so? :lol:
(This isn't my video but I sometimes wish it was!)

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep. Exactly like that!
I get laughed at because our cats know when we're getting food around and our greeting isn't quite as cute. Less cute peepy noises, less prairie dog stuff, and more screaming and rushing around like crazed cats that haven't seen food in 50 years.
I looked at the NWN site, it looks like a very good brand with a lot of good stuff in the ingredients.
I did see romaine though. I'm not being a picky jerk but I saw romaine and kind of wondered about the recalls. No doubt this is a good brand of food for dogs and cats but it got me wondering how any pet food company that includes any recalled "people food" will cope? (Once again..I'm not picking on NWN or any company, just wondering how this affects pet food companies when human food is recalled)?

LadyLondonderry

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi there I am wondering if any of you have any experience with Northwest Naturals raw cat food. They have frozen and freeze dried..I just picked up a bag of the frozen to try it out but have not yet tried to feed yet. My cat is super picky...like probably the pickiest you can get! :livid: He loves dry food..I do feed a good quality brand but I would like him to eat more foods with moisture and no fruit/veggies, preferably raw. The one thing that he has been eating is Rad Cat venison. I was so glad I found something he likes that's healthy..but the problem is they are closing down, sadly. I am running out of Rad Cat , on the last tube. So I've been trying to find something he will eat to replace it. I have tried many types of raw ground meat (was planning on mixing with alnutrition once fpund a meat he will eat) iv tried ground venison, beef, bison. Also have ordered whole prey ground from my pet carnivore like duck, rabbit, goat, and he will not eat it. Many canned foods also which I'm not thrilled about but it would be better than just eating dry. He does drink plenty of water tho but still...
Anyway, sorry for the long story but have you tried Northwest Naturals? My cat is usually not a fan of poultry and right now that's all they offer so I'm not expecting good results but I thought I would try anyway, I am getting desperate!
Thanks!
I have used only the freeze-dried version of NN, in the turkey variety. My cat liked it, but I have since concluded that turkey is not something she digests well. I do think it's a well-balanced, high-quality food and am eagerly anticipating their introduction of some other varieties! In the meantime I am feeding Sylvie mostly Rawz canned, with some Primal freeze-dried pork here and there.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Catlover579

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone for your replies! So I tried out feeding it to him...he wasn't interested at first but then I mixed some freeze dried treats that he likes and he actually ate a generous amount..not all but almost.. then he was asking for dry food after. But other meats he wouldn't eat even with the toppers so we will see ! Not getting my hopes up yet b/c he might change his mind tomorrow.:lol:

Catlover579

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I get laughed at because our cats know when we're getting food around and our greeting isn't quite as cute. Less cute peepy noises, less prairie dog stuff, and more screaming and rushing around like crazed cats that haven't seen food in 50 years.
I looked at the NWN site, it looks like a very good brand with a lot of good stuff in the ingredients.
I did see romaine though. I'm not being a picky jerk but I saw romaine and kind of wondered about the recalls. No doubt this is a good brand of food for dogs and cats but it got me wondering how any pet food company that includes any recalled "people food" will cope? (Once again..I'm not picking on NWN or any company, just wondering how this affects pet food companies when human food is recalled)?
Hmm where did you see the romaine? There isn't any veggies or fruits listed on the one I purchased .here is the link to the one I got
Frozen Cat Nibbles

Catlover579

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm definitely looking forward to the other proteins they will come out with because my cat is not a big fan of poultry for some reason so maybe will have better luck with those.

Catlover579

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have used only the freeze-dried version of NN, in the turkey variety. My cat liked it, but I have since concluded that turkey is not something she digests well. I do think it's a well-balanced, high-quality food and am eagerly anticipating their introduction of some other varieties! In the meantime I am feeding Sylvie mostly Rawz canned, with some Primal freeze-dried pork here and there.
I looked up the Raws canned..I have never heard of it or seen it around here at my pet stores. The ingredients look really good, definitly something I would like to try but only way I would be able to buy it would be ordering a full case online ...which I don't want to do because of mr picky! If I knew he would actually eat it I would. I wish they sold it at the pet stores around here so I could just buy a couple cans to try out.

waddle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

My cats love the freeze dried...was going to try the frozen nibbles, but I got tiki cat frozen raw and vital essentials frozen raw and neither cat is a fan so I’m wondering whether its even worth trying the NWN frozen. They did eat the Stella and Chewy’s turkey medallions today...we‘ll see if that’s still acceptable tomorrow. 😸. I’m going to return the frozen raw so I’ll feel bad if I end up buying another food and then returning it.