Do Antibiotics Make Cats Sleepy??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LuckyGirl82

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update on Lucky we took her to the vet (on 2 occasions) the first time she wasn’t really sneezing & didn’t sound congested when he listened so he thought it was best to hold off on the antibiotics. Well 2 days later she really started sneezing with discharge so we went back to the vet where she got the Convenia shot. She’s been good for a few days now but just had one sneeze no discharge. Of course now I’m worried the antibiotics are not working. She is still eating, drinking, playing (she actually has been jumping & balancing so much better) & going to the bathroom fine. We also started the l-lysine to help her immune system so fingers crossed it works & all these health issues just go away.

LuckyGirl82

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
HI! Welcome back! :-) XOXOXO

What makes you suspect the anti-biotics aren't working?
Hi!!! Thank you!! I just got a bit nervous tonight as she did a small sneeze no discharge came out. I think I’m being paranoid my hubby said the meds are working she is perfectly fine. I’m just gonna keep an eye on her to make sure she isn’t having sneezing fits.

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'ts not paranoid. It's worry. :heartshape: We all get the same way with out babies. You're golden! After everything I would think you're very normal!

Keep an eye out as you are. I think you're doing great!

LuckyGirl82

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'ts not paranoid. It's worry. :heartshape: We all get the same way with out babies. You're golden! After everything I would think you're very normal!

Keep an eye out as you are. I think you're doing great!
Thank you! This morning she just had another small sneeze & her eye looks a little wet in the corner. She cleaned her plate of wet food so no issues there & I watched her go poop (weird but It had to be done lol) & everything looked normal. I’m gonna keep an eye on her a& if I see more sneezing I’m gonna call the vet back. My worry after reading so many things online that it’s Pneumonia or polyps/tumors in her nose. What I find odd is she goes days without sneezing then suddenly it happens again. If it continues I’m gonna call the vet to see what he thinks. Fingers crossed that it stops!

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol not weird. I stalk mine in the potty too. We do what we need to do!

Absolutely, when in doubt talk to the vet and let them know your concerns.

*Fingers are crossed that it stops* It might just take some more time for healing up.

LuckyGirl82

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
lol not weird. I stalk mine in the potty too. We do what we need to do!

Absolutely, when in doubt talk to the vet and let them know your concerns.

*Fingers are crossed that it stops* It might just take some more time for healing up.
So I called the vet this morning & they said since she was only given the injection on Saturday that it is totally normal for her to still have a few sneezes here & there but if she is still sneezing after the medicine then she needs to be seen again. Her eyes are not watery & I checked her nose & I didnt see anything running so I’m hoping it’s getting better. Everything else is good with her still eating, drinking & playing. At dinner she sniffed out that the butter was in the table so she’s not congested. Ugh the worry never ends with our fur babies lol. Thank you for listening to me ❤

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anytime! I know what it's like to worry. Not fun.

And yes, the worry never ends but that's a good thing as it comes from a place of love!

Sounds like baby just needs some more heal time. Maybe touch base with the Vet in a week or two if she stays the same.

LuckyGirl82

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

And yes, the worry never ends but that's a good thing as it comes from a place of love!

Sounds like baby just needs some more heal time. Maybe touch base with the Vet in a week or two if she stays the same.
Yea I’m wondering if she is healing a little slower than normal because we took her in the first sneeze we noticed. Before this when she would get them we were working & gone from 6am to 6pm so it was hard to catch it very early but now that we work from home we are with her all the time.

This morning she ate her wet food & then sneezed after nothing came out & her eyes aren’t running. She still has quite the appetite so her sense of smell isn’t being hindered ive read some stories of cats being so congested they had to be force fed which scared me.

Im praying just praying she stops if not Im gonna call the vet back after Christmas to see what else could be going on.

LuckyGirl82

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Well things are still the same with Lucky. Her nose is defiantly runny but it’s not affecting her ability to eat. She isn’t really sneezing it sounds like a sniffle more. I m hoping this clears up & everything is back to normal soon!

LuckyGirl82

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Progress maybe! Yes!

I hope so too. Sending healing vibes! :vibes: :vibes:
I’m starting to lose hope over here that Lucky is going to get better. During the night she was doing quite a bit of sneezing so I was up most of the night checking on her. I don’t see any boogers coming out just wetness in the inside of her nose & her licking her nose. I also think I really scared myself last night after reading this could be cancer but she just had bloodwork done 3 months ago so that would’ve came up in her panel numbers I think. She ate her wet food this morning & then I saw her at the dry food so I guess that’s a good sign. My concern is just that this isn’t getting better & it’s been almost a week now. I think I’m just having one of those days where I feel frustrated that I can’t do anything more for her & that we can’t seem to catch a break over here!

LuckyGirl82

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Good for you getting the video, --I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!
So yesterday Lucky actually stopped sneezing & doing that coughing/hacking sound around 2pm & hasn’t had an episode like that since. Her nose is dry I dont see any wetness in the corner. I’m assuming that episode was the worst & maybe it worked it’s way out of her system. She was just purring & did the tiniest cough thing but it was for 1 second. I’m still going to monitor her to make sure everything is good! I really really hope it is! I’m not getting my hopes up to high.