DIY Face Masks

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I'm using the CDC's pattern. These only keep you from spreading the virus, not protect your from it, but, hey, that's what they are telling us to wear (if I made them for me, I'd use the filtered ones in the video I posted, above). I made 40 to give out for free to the neighbors, and about 6 for neighbors who didn't get one from me earlier, and are essential employees. I'm making them for 2 hospitals, and possibly for some of my co-workers (waiting to hear back about doing it). That's all I've been doing since Saturday!

This CDC pattern is very easy. The hard part is getting elastic!

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Neighbors gave me more fabric. I just noticed that one print has a motif that looks like the virus itself! :flail:

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I'm using the CDC's pattern. These only keep you from spreading the virus, not protect your from it, but, hey, that's what they are telling us to wear (if I made them for me, I'd use the filtered ones in the video I posted, above). I made 40 to give out for free to the neighbors, and about 6 for neighbors who didn't get one from me earlier, and are essential employees. I'm making them for 2 hospitals, and possibly for some of my co-workers (waiting to hear back about doing it). That's all I've been doing since Saturday!

This CDC pattern is very easy. The hard part is getting elastic!

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

MAsk with filter:

Neighbors gave me more fabric. I just noticed that one print has a motif that looks like the virus itself! :flail:

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Just a little tip for any glasses wearers... if your mask is an ear strap one, hook the strap around your glasses arm. Basically, the loop still goes around your ear but the top of it also goes over your glasses. It spreads out the pressure so your ears don't hurt and keeps your glasses from sliding down if the mask is sitting over your nose (smooth mask so at least my glasses don't grip it as well as my nose).

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
After trying sewn masks, my used N95 mask, a surgical mask and no sew shop towel masks, I have to say the winner from at least a comfort and fit standpoint by far is the no sew shop towel mask.