DIY Cat ideas !

carinajosefine

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I didn't know quite where to put this, but Id love to see your DIY cat stuff! As I usually have very little money, I try to make some cat fun myself, rather to than to spend money on it. I'll admit, I sometimes buy stuff I shouldn't for my cats, but I try to be a bit creative, without it cositing a lot of money. I'd love some inspiration from you guys !

To start it off, and to show that Im by now means after just fancy stuff, it can be real simple; Here's a little random selection of some things I've done:

The Catnip-cushins!

The Kitty-Castle!

Last edited:

rickr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow.  You are so industrious and creative.  I'm more of an easy road kinda guy.  For cat toys, I tie several old shoe laces together or attach a length of yarn or twine to a wooden dowel (or an old wand).  Sometimes Archie likes to just play with the dowel.  And I leave out paper bags and boxes.

I have a huge laundry basket full of commercial cat toys, but Archie and Lucy prefer the homemade ones.  

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those look awesome! You did an amazing job! I really like the kitty castle.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Wow, those are great! I really like the cat beds you made. We have another thread here with stuff people made for their cats.

[thread="278647"]Whats Something Cool That You Made For Your Cat Instead Of Buying It​[/thread]  

I like working with wood when the weather is nice enough to go out. I made this outdoor cat tree from an old table and some recycled fence posts.

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for making this thread, I have been looking for DIY cat ideas, I am a small rescue so definitely low on funds!