Diy Animal Snacks

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cquinn1021

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Are you making these to donate to the societies, for the animals at Christmas Cquinn1021 Cquinn1021 ?
They're looking good. :)
Yes I am. But I may continue it after xmas . I'm also looking into diy toys for all of the above. No sew tied blankets also.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Those look great! I’m sure the animals will love them! :gift:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I am. But I may continue it after xmas . I'm also looking into diy toys for all of the above. No sew tied blankets also.
That's awesome!!!
I bet animal shelters are a lot like homeless shelters, the donations roll in from Halloween to New Years and the need is there year round. Very cool you are thinking of continuing this!
Easy dog toys (for non-chewers) are 3 strips of 1-2 inch wide cheap fleece material, knotted, braided, then knotted. Instant tug toy.
Our cats love these too. They like the fleece material, it sticks to their claws! T

Our cats also love wadded up balls of foil (they are bright, shiny, and make a cool noise when you roll them), plastic rings from milk/drink bottles (the ones that sit below the lid), and the bottle cap, too.
How to Make a Tied Fleece Blanket
These are all over the house... :lol: Very easy to make, fast, and a cat sized blanket wouldn't take much at all.
Wife has kept the extra fleece, made little pillows (about 3 in. x 3 in.) and stuffed them with cotton laced with cat nip. What a hit, and cheap entertainment for us all!

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
People Crackers!!! :lol2:
There is a book series I've read by Anne Bishop which has werewolves and such. In the series werewolves tolerate humans in their areas because they can be useful but if the humans are troublesome they will eat them. Below is a quote regarding bakery goods made for the werewolves by some human bakers trying to get business... .....

"The cow-shaped cookies have a beef flavoring, the turkey-shaped cookies have a poultry flavoring, and..."

Jane held up one of the cookies. "Human-flavored?"

Meg stifled a sigh. That would be the first thing on her feedback list: don't make people-shaped cookies. The Wolves were way too interested and all of them leaped to a logical, if disturbing, expectation about the taste."