Disturbing and Devastating (long post)

tnl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Back in mid November (11/13), we took one of our older cats, Kori (14+ y/o), to the vet for what seemed like a kitty cold. The vet prescribed antibiotics and treated him for an ear infection and sent him home. About 10 days later (11/23), our other cat, Tanuki (7 y/o), stopped eating, He always had a wonderful appetite so if he missed one meal, we knew something was wrong. Prior to that, he was bounding around and playing. When I tried to feed him his breakfast, he was upstairs facing our closet in the "meatloaf" position. We took him to the vet and she said he was dehydrated and wanted to check his blood and get him started on fluids (sub-q) so we should leave him there. The next day, she called back and said his glucose level was at 300 but that could be due to stress from being there. She suggested leaving him there for observation and to continue hydration. He also received an ennema because he was a little blocked, and a bath. The next day his glucose shot up to 500 and she was hesitant but decided to give him insulin. (I don't know when she tested his glucose but maybe the 500 was due to the enema and bath?!) She thought he might have Diabetes or Pancreatitis. He was a big cat (Maine Coon mix and overweight) but was tested for Diabetes earlier and didn't have it. He did have Megacolon though and had been treated numerous times for it until we had it pretty much under control with Miralax, CatLax and tuna in oil.. His back legs were cow hocked (possibly causing the megacolon) either from a birth defect, accident or abuse. He also had Arthritis in his back. She asked if we wanted to visit him, which we gladly did. We were horrified to see his condition! He looked like he was at death's door. We were told his glucose level was coming down a bit and to call the next day which we did. The vet said she didn't see much improvement and asked what we wanted to do...keep treating him or euthenasia. It was my husband's decision as Tanuki was more bonded with him and I would support him with whatever he decided. We went there to put him down but when we were saying our goodbyes, the vet came in and said she would still treat him if that was what we wanted. After visiting with him for a while he started to rally. We decided to give him another 24 hours to see if he would improve. She called at 10:00 that night and said he had passed. We were absolutely crushed!! We decided to have him cremated and went to pick up his ashes and pay the final bill. The vet wrote "Complicated Diabetic" on it and that his glucose went down to 39 without Insulin for 24 hours and on a Dextrose drip. He always drank a good amount of water which the vet encouraged because of his constipation issues but maybe we missed something? We got him from a shelter when he was a year old (they estimated). Whoever had him before he arrived at the shelter, moved and left him behind. He was a big ol' teddy bear of a cat. He was quite "talkative"- always asking questions in a high pitched "meow?" It was hard losing the big guy and everything seemed surreal after that.

tanuki_counter.jpg
tanuki_rolling.jpg

Ten days later (12/11), we took another one of our cats (Kasai) in because he seemed to have lost his vision. He is 12+ years old. She checked him over and said that yes, he is mostly blind and has a detached retina. (However, his pupils still constrict) The vet's blood pressure monitor wasn't working so she asked if we could leave him there until the afternoon when she could get a better reading on him with a different machine, which we did. His blood pressure was high which probably caused the vision loss and she prescribed blood pressure medication. She gave him his distemper and rabies shots and also tested him for hyperthyroidism which took 5 days of me calling to get the results! He didn't have it.

Tuesday (1/5) around 5:30 am, my sweet 7 year old Siberian cat, Mika (mee ka), woke me up making strange gurgling noises, She came closer by my head and I turned the light on and immediately knew something was very wrong. Her eyes were completely dilated, she was panting and crying. I took a flashlight and looked in her mouth to see if she had something in there. There wasn't (that I could see) but her tongue was turning blue (like a tint of blue). My husband kept saying "she's dying". We were both frantic. I called my vet's emergency number and it took what seemed like forever and the dispatcher finally answered the phone. I explained the situation and said she would have the vet call me. My husband was trying to get Mika calmed down. She decided she wanted to go in one of our laundry baskets and jumped in. My husband went down to the basement to get the crate and I kept an eye on her while getting dressed so she wouldn't go under the bed or somewhere to hide. She jumped out of the basket and back onto the bed. I picked her up which she seemed to enjoy. She was calming down and the panting stopped. My husband brought the crate upstairs to our bedroom and she was happy to go in it. Although she stopped panting she was still "gurgly". The vet called and I explained everything to her and said we had her in a crate to which she replied "oh, you're planning on bringing her in? Or do you want to wait and see how she does?" I said I didn't know and asked her for advice. She said it was up to me and she would meet us at the clinic if we wanted. I thought it would be a good idea since she was still "gurgly". We got her to the vet and she checked her breathing/heart with the stethoscope and took her temperature (which was fine). She was going to take her in back to put her in an oxygen tent and told us she would call us later. She called close to 10:00 pm that night (which scared me half to death thinking it was bad news) and said she gave her Dexamethasone and would do a chest x-ray later. For the time being she just wanted to keep her in the oxygen tent overnight and gradually, the next day, take her out to see how she would do. She also said Mika wasn't walking and wondered if that was just something she did when she was scared. I said no, she was running around playing the night before this happened. She seemed to have her stabilized but didn't know the cause. She thought it was maybe an asthma attack, feline pneumonitis, or some type of fungal infection. We went to see her Thursday afternoon. The vet said her lungs were clearing up really well but still didn't know what the cause was - she didn't have a fever and the blood results came back fine. She asked if we brought anything new into the house like cleaners, or a new cat food, anything. We couldn't think of anything. I remembered what the vet said about Mika not walking and I was ready to put Mika on the floor to observe her but then I noticed her back left foot was limp. The vet said we brought her in that way but I know when she was examining her, her foot was not limp at all! The vet checked her out and said it was just her foot and not her whole leg. She thought she felt a swollen lymph node on her thigh and was pushing on it which caused her a great deal of pain (she cried, hissed and started panting again). At first she couldn't remember if she had given Mika an injection in that area but then confirmed that it was a lymph node. We got Mika purring again and I held her for a long while and put her back in her box. The vet told me to call the next day (Friday). I called the next day around 10 am and the vet tech said she was doing really good and that Mika was looking right at her. Also, the feeling in her foot was coming back. I was so relieved!! At 5:00 pm that same day, the vet called me and said she had some terrible news....Mika had died!!! What?!?! How could this have happened?! She was improving!! The vet said she wasn't sure and she was so sorry. She asked if we wanted to see her that night while she was still "soft" and a bunch of other questions but I was on the verge of hysterics and asked if I could call her back. She said yes and that she would be there all night, I managed to calm down a bit and called back to say we were on our way. We literally stopped everything we were doing. We were getting our coats on when the vet's office called and asked us if we could come tomorrow instead because the vet had an emergency surgery (which the vet apologized for the next day).

All that weekend I felt like someone ripped out my heart and guts, stomped on them, poured gas on them, lit them on fire and put them back in. She was like my kid...but furry. Last year I lost my brother in law, step mother, aunt (all had terminal diseases) and my other cat, Tanuki. This was by far the worst! Saturday we went to say goodbye to her (super hard) and the vet pleaded with us for her to do a necropsy (autopsy) which we approved in case it was some virus or ?? The vet was stumped on what could have caused it and said she was originally planning on sending her home on Saturday. Mika was always healthy and happy, she was playing the night before all this happened and never showed any signs of anything. The only thing I noticed was she didn't eat her dinner the night before but she had always been finicky. However, she did eat treats that night. I keep searching the house for clues, any kind of clue that could have caused this. I can't find anything out of the ordinary.

In my mind I'm questioning everything. Did we miss something? Did the vet make a mistake? Both times? All four times? She was my mom's vet for over 30 years and mine for the last 7 years. She's always been an excellent vet and she's been doing this for 35+ years but she is always so incredibly busy and I believe she spreads herself too thin. She also takes care of dogs, horses, pigs, etc, She does emergency surgeries and she works like 7 days a week. Maybe it's just part of my grieving?! Or maybe not?! Maybe it was a virus? Something unfamiliar to properly diagnose?

This has been so unbelievably heartbreaking!! When I got Mika at the shelter she was just a kitten (8 weeks old) and used to follow me around like a little ball of fur with a tail smaller than my pinky finger. At the shelter she was so tiny she would walk right through the fencing of the kennels to follow me. That never stopped as she got older (although her tail was a big, beautiful floof of fur). If I left the house she would come to the door and then go sit in the window to watch me when I left. When I came home, I could hear her running down the stairs to greet me. She slept with me every night and would sit with me when I worked (I started working from home 3 years ago). She would "talk" and trill and shake her booty (rattle her tail) when she was happy. We had all kinds of nicknames for her. When she ran real fast, we would call her "streek-a-Mika. If she was being crafty we called her "sneak-a-Mika". There was also "Mika-ball", "Mika-loaf" but always she was "sweet-a-Mika"! She was a little lady, always crossing her front paws and just so very "girly". She let the boys know when she had enough of their shenanigans though! All cats are unique in their own way but she was truly one of a kind to me....she was my baby and I miss her so terribly bad!! I loved her so much!! My heart is absolutely shattered!!

mika_a.jpg
mika_baby.jpg
mika_pole.jpg

mika_chair.jpg
mika_tree_2.jpg
mika.jpg

And now a third one!! Kori passed on 3/17. I am just numb. I can't believe we lost 3 cats in less than 4 months!! His "kitty cold" or URI got worse and he was eating less and so I called a mobile vet to come to the house. I think the antibiotic was too strong for him or just the wrong antibiotic. I posted a thread about it here... Azithromycin - URI He was our "little man" and he will be very missed!! Thankfully (not sure if that's the right word here), he went rather peacefully upstairs in our bedroom. One of the stranger things is 2 or 3 days before he passed, he came downstairs. He had been in our bedroom for over a week. He was weak but managed to come all the way downstairs and went into one of the cat beds. When the other cat got out of his favorite heated bed, he went into it and curled up like he always did. I thought it was possibly a good sign. However, my husband thought it was his way of saying goodbye. Maybe he was just depressed and wanted some sense of "normalcy"?! Our remaining cats were super stressed after he passed. I plugged in some Comfort Zone diffusers and it seems to help. And now I keep a VERY watchful eye on the rest of our cats!! Does anyone have any ideas about what type of virus could cause all of this? I do not think it was coincidence!!

kori_naughty.jpg
kori_house.jpg
kori_smile.jpg

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I did read your entire post and am so incredibly sorry for your losses. This has to have left you reeling and devastated, especially since two were not really very old. I have experienced this kind of loss....I was on my way to pick up one of my dogs from the vet, having been told that he was fine and ready to go home, only to walk in and be ushered into the back to be told that he had just died.

You and your husband certainly spared no effort in caring for these cats and in getting them medical attention. I hope that gives you a little bit of comfort. Reasons given were a URI, complications from diabetes, and I am sorry if I am not clear here....results of the necropsy on your little girl? This could all be tragically coincidental.

As for the vet's competency, she clearly has lasted for decades in business successfully, so she must have some skill and credibility. That might be a part of this piece that you should reserve judgment on for the time being unless you have a very strong gut level feeling that the fact that she is spread too thin and sees too many species is causing her to make questionable decisions. However, I am going to say that I never took another dog back to the vet where I lost my aussie and I did feel that their story was a little complicated, not malpractice and nothing that would make you feel any better if I went into it, but I did make that decision after some thought.

Your cats evidently lived fairy tale lives with you and I hope that your memories of happier days will bring you comfort.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tnl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
After over 8 weeks and numerous phone calls, I verbally received the necropsy results and was told she died from a virus and that she probably had a previous virus that caused scarring on her heart. I told her Mika has never, ever been sick. No runny eyes, no runny nose, not even a cough. The delay, I was told, was because they were possibly sent to the wrong clinic. I also asked for a copy of the report which took an additional 3 weeks. When I called the clinic I was told they were possibly lost in the mail. Then they forgot to send them another time. I just received my copy 2 days ago! Additionally, the date on the report was 1/16/2021.

Keep in mind she received a steroid which reduces inflammation and can suppress the immune system. Here are the results.....

MICROBIOLOGY
SOURCE: TISSUE
Enterococcus faecium - 4+
For Amoxicillin susceptible isolates, treatment with Amoxicillin, Ampicillin or Penicillin is recommended. Other antibiotics to which tile isolate is susceptible should be considered as secondary options reserved for the treatment of Amoxicillin-resistant isolates. Although Fluoroquinolones MAY be effective in treating Enterococcal infections, in vitro susceptibility does NOT consistently predict clinical efficacy. Vancomycin should be reserved for tile treatment of serious systemic infections and is NOT recommended for treatment of simple urinary tract infections. Trimetl10prim/Sulfa, Clindamycin, Gentamicin and all Cephalosporins (including Cefovecin and Cefpodoxime), are NOT reported due to lack of correlation of in-vitro testing with clinical effectiveness and are not recommended for the treatment of Enterococcal infections.

Staphylococcus cohnii - 2+
Methicillin resistant Staphylococcus sp. (MRS) has been isolated during culture. An extended susceptibility panel has been added at no additional charge. This panel includes rifampicin, mupirocin, and bacitracin which are often effective against MRS.

MICROSCOPIC INTERPRETATION:
Lungs: Interstitial pneumonia with marked alveolar histiocytic infiltrates and occasional erythrophagocytosis (see comments)
Heart Regional myocardial fibrosis, mild myocarditis
Liver: No significant histologic abnormalities
Kidney: No significant histologic modalities
Jejunum Mild lvmphocytic plasmacytic enteritis (likely within normal limits/clinically insignificant)
Mesenteric lymph node No significant histologic abnormalities
Pancreas: No significant histologic abnormalities

COMMENTS:
Significant histologic lesions are in the lungs and heart. The lung does demonstrate mild interstitial pneumonia, which is a pattern that can be seen with viral infection. Histologic lesions for Covid-19 in domestic cats have not been reported in the literature, but in general, the severity seen in this sample is mild, and lack the hemorrhage, inflammation, and diffuse alveolar damage that have been described for Covid-19 infection in the human literature. In the lungs, there are also marked alveolar infiltrates of histiocytes, which occasionally have phagocytosed red blood cells. In the heart, there is an area of myocardial fibrosis, with minimal associated inflammation, suggestive of prior infection/injury and scarring. Given the lesion in the heart, I suspect that the marked alveolar histiocytic infiltrates and occasional erythrophagocytosis in the lung could reflect some degree of heart failure. Given evidence of fibrosis/scarring in the heart, a cardiac event could speculatively correlate with sudden death. Correlation with complete clinical history, clinical findings, etc. suggested.

If desired, xxx offers a real PCR panel of common feline respiratory pathogens, which can be performed on the existing formalin fixed paraffin-embedded sample. Please contact Customer Support if you would like to perform this additional testing (ordering information is at the conclusion of this report). Respiratory PCR panel includes. Bordetella bronchiseptica, Chlamydophila felis, feline calicivirus, feline herpesvirus type 1 (FHV-1) Quant, H7N2 influenza virus, influenza A virus
(includes H7N2, H3N2, H1 N1, H3N8) and Mycoplasma felis RealPCR\X2122\ tests. Includes quantification of feline herpesvirus type 1 (FHV-1) viral particles if PCR positive. Includes influenza A strain identification if PCR positive.
To my knowledge, correlation with local public health authorities is required pursue additional diagnostic testing for Covid-19 in domestic animals.
This case was also reviewed by a second pathologist, who agreed with the above interpretation.

Last edited:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello - I'm so sorry, and I'm glad you were able to find a calming product to help your other cats (cat music may be helpful as well.)

This link below doesn't answer your questions - it may be sooner than you're ready for, but I wanted to let you know about it.

Grieving

Last edited:

tnl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
fionasmom fionasmom and Furballsmom Furballsmom Thank you both for the kind words! We have been thinking about going to a vet who mainly treats cats...I think I found one. And indeed, the communication with our current vet has been absolutely horrible. I do understand it's particularly hard to diagnose cats with all the different viruses/diseases having so many similar symptoms but communication goes a long way.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Again, I'm so incredibly sorry.

I actually just now had edited my post above because I kept thinking about it, and you with your situation, compounded with having no answers, and was afraid my reply sounded clunky and uncompassionate.

How I'm feeling on your behalf is completely the opposite.

movinintime

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am staggered and stunned. I am praying for you and what impossible situations you had to deal with. I am really very upset to read this and can only imagine a Higher Power has a plan that we know nothing of and can't begin to fathom. I hope you can find peace somehow knowing you were priviledged to be the one that was cast to handle these tragedies.

tnl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am staggered and stunned. I am praying for you and what impossible situations you had to deal with. I am really very upset to read this and can only imagine a Higher Power has a plan that we know nothing of and can't begin to fathom. I hope you can find peace somehow knowing you were priviledged to be the one that was cast to handle these tragedies.
Thank you!!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart goes out to you and your family, I can't imagine how devastating three deaths back to back can be......sometimes, no matter how much we want it, and how hard we try, there is a completely world-changing outcome to our plans. You did all you could with what you had, and under the circumstances, I would consider a different vet also.
As cats get older their immune systems lower, viruses can be a real threat that wouldn't have bothered them before. I have cats that survived distemper when young, only to present with scarred lungs and other problems in their later years.
Please try to be gentle with yourself, under the circumstances, I don't think there was really anything that could have been done. My heart breaks for your pain....
Those sweet babies bonded with your soul. They shared your life's journey for a while and now follow a new path. But that path will forever parallel your own. The love you shared can NEVER be taken from you, not even by death. That love will be with you, always close, never forgotten or replaced, growing in strength and intensity with each love that is added beside it. None of us are guaranteed a tomorrow, so do not grieve overlong for the loss, but celebrate having them in your life and showing you what happiness love can bring. Just as you would have wanted for them if you were the first to go, so they want for you. To live your life as it was meant to be lived, seeking life's beauty and finding pleasure in what it has to offer. You cannot change the past, but you can learn from what life throws at you and go forward. The past is set in stone but your future is full of possibilities and what you make of it. So for now, know that time is the only thing that helps to heal a broken heart, and though there will always be a scar, that little piece they took with them will bring them comfort and the reminder of the love you shared. The hole will be filled with new love, and eventually, you will find peace. Because we cannot sustain such pain forever, life has too many promises of happiness around the corner. I pray you can take comfort in knowing they are together at the Rainbow Bridge, together in spirit as they were in life.
My thoughts and prayers are with you all, by honoring them with this tribute, you strengthen your bond of love even more. There will be many now thinking and praying for your little ones, you are not alone in your grief.....RIP sweet Kori, Mika, and Tanuki. You all will be dearly missed, you all will have secure places in loving hearts. May the good Lord bless and keep you all, until you meet again!

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday when I read your post, I was simply unable to express my feelings. I was suffering from a very minor cat-death (not even my own cat) and couldn't find words to try to comfort you after the terrible loss of your own 3 beloved kitties. I am so very, very sorry. I just want to add my condolences to those sent by people on this site ( fionasmom fionasmom , Furballsmom Furballsmom , M movinintime , T tnl and D di and boba). They are all far better with words than I am.

On reading your post, I can well imagine that one of your cats caught this virus which was transferred to the others. Those with an intact immune system survived without your noticing anything but those with other, perhaps relatively minor (or, at least, not immediately life-threatening) health issues became very sick. The vet treated the "other minor health issues", because they are easier to detect, but unfortunately ignored the virus. Medication for the minor issues led to this dreadful disaster. Really, really sorry for you and your cats!

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your losses. So many in such a short period of time. :hugs: We experienced something similar last year. Lost our male in February. Unexpectedly but not a huge shock. Then lost our female in May. Completely unexpected.

tnl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
di and bob di and bob and gilmargl gilmargl Thank you both for the comforting words and condolences! I have ordered a bottle of Vetri DMG Liquid to help boost the other cats immunity based on the positive experience di and bob had with it and from reading up on it as well. My vet also recommended Immunique for cats too but it seems to be sold out everywhere I look.

Also, as far as one of the cats catching this virus and transferring it.....I couldn't agree more!! We have been speculating that maybe when Kori first went in to the vet's that he could have picked something up there. I also thought that I might have brought something home. My dad is in assisted living. He has dementia and he also had colon cancer so I had to take him for surgery, chemo, etc. for 6 months during lockdown. His assisted living facility had a Covid outbreak. He never got it and neither did I (as far as I know) but maybe I carried it home some how?! Or maybe I was asymptomatic?! Not enough is known about it as far as animals (or people really), mainly because they don't want to create a panic and I hope I don't do that by posting this. This is just speculation and opinion. They will not test pets for it unless someone in the household has had a positive result and with the state's approval.

tnl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
klunick klunick Thank you so much!! I am sorry to hear of your losses too!!

Fun fact....kinda, when we adopted Kori he was part of a "bonded" pair. Kasai was adopted with him. We named them Kasai and Kori because it means "fire and ice" in Japanese. Kasai being "fire" because he is orange and Kori being "ice" because he is grey (blue).
kasai_kori.jpg

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
You have had a lot to care for in your life recently with your dad's illnesses ( I took care of my father in his old age and I know what you are doing and how hard it is, even if you are more than happy to be there for him.) Please try to be good to yourself after these losses and remember what a great life you all shared.

tnl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You have had a lot to care for in your life recently with your dad's illnesses ( I took care of my father in his old age and I know what you are doing and how hard it is, even if you are more than happy to be there for him.) Please try to be good to yourself after these losses and remember what a great life you all shared.
Thank you....it has been challenging!!

movinintime

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just to add; challenging is an UNDERSTATEMENT!

I somehow believe your reward is awaiting you in YOUR next life. I am dealing with an unknown aged, aging girl kitty w/ dilute urine saying ckd. Our boy; is a rescued feral last yr w/ unfortunately, progressing FiV & also showing dilute urine showing ckd too :(. I am trying to pallitatively manage these 2. I'd jump off a bridge with a 3rd, lol.

But it is THE greatest challenge to me ever, even after seeing both my parents pass. Something re the bond of a kitty looking at you to be THEIR world is overwhelming. I just got notice of his script for him -- from new vet, of an Interferon Alpha medication to try on our FiV feral. He also has an antibio to begin. He already eats 4 x 250mg/day of VetriScience Lysine chews and has as such for about 2+ yrs -- even when I fed him daily outside -- as he only became indoors last summer after 3.5yrs feral & outdoors.

Amazing, said new vet of his resilience given his scars, condition, unknown age, and a 'fighting on streets' background -- up til last summer, & so too then as a 'retired' Alpha male Tom, etc. He looks like he went thru war but he eats well, uses box, walks around apt & loves sirloin tip steak. I buy it for him at 12.99/lb :), & at 2.99 we eat ground beef. LOL

I'll soon need a huge winning lottery tic to payback my debt when loving my cats. ;)

Finally, I'm coming back in next life as a big panther cat to eat all the beef I can find. Heehee.

I hope you know all this does NOT equal what you have dealt & deal with yet. Just showing how much YOU personally, must care for your needy cats!

tnl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
But it is THE greatest challenge to me ever, even after seeing both my parents pass. Something re the bond of a kitty looking at you to be THEIR world is overwhelming.
Well said!! :)
Thank you for your kind words!! Good luck with your kitties....I'm sure they are in very good hands!!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Sweet Fur Babies, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on your family's hearts forever.

I have no answers to your questions, although I have heard them so many, many times. Perhaps there are none. But what I can tell you is that your cats lived, breathed and had their very being wrapped in your love. They knew without doubt that you would always do the very best you could for them at any given time. And now they are happy and whole in That Place Where All Things Are Known. Their only sorrow is your grief. And so, they send their love, now translated and purified into Love, to walk beside you down through all your days. Because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides.

tnl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Sweet Fur Babies, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on your family's hearts forever.

I have no answers to your questions, although I have heard them so many, many times. Perhaps there are none. But what I can tell you is that your cats lived, breathed and had their very being wrapped in your love. They knew without doubt that you would always do the very best you could for them at any given time. And now they are happy and whole in That Place Where All Things Are Known. Their only sorrow is your grief. And so, they send their love, now translated and purified into Love, to walk beside you down through all your days. Because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides.
Thank you for your comforting words!! ❤