Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

Distraught - my cat has been missing for almost 2 weeks.

Discussion in 'Cats S.O.S' started by doodiebird, Aug 7, 2015.

1. draev_xx

draev_xx TCS Member Kitten

Jan 22, 2018
    Any updates? How does your pet detective work? Mine's set me up with an awareness campaign that looks big, bright, and yellow. I have gotten messages from people saying they liked my poster and where I got them but they are more impressed on the quality and want to wish me well.
    [​IMG]
    My cat went missing Jan. 14th of 2018 and now its almost mid May, by now most of my 16 x 20'' signs have been taken down by the city but now I'm getting this urge to update with new photos and hang them up again, what would you guys do?

2. heartintx

heartintx TCS Member Kitten

Apr 20, 2018
    Our little Zeke is still misisng. It’s been 5 weeks now. We haven’t had any confirmed sightings. I have even used reiki with map dowsing and they say he isn’t far within a mile on the other end of our neighborhood but we haven’t had any luck. We live on the lake with a lot of woods. I’m not giving up. We just put flyers in all the mailboxes. Even though we have signs up and there is only one way in and out I know There are people that just don’t pay attention. I woukd put another round of flyers out for sure for your kitty.

It’s been so hard. I feel Your pain.

3. catlover73

catlover73 TCS Member Top Cat

Sep 3, 2006
    Chicago area
    I am sorry your baby is still missing. One thing you can do when you are interacting with people during your search is to educate them about micro-chips. A friend of mine did this when she got her cat back that had been missing for almost two months. Her teaching people about micro-chips also helped re-unite some other cats with their owners that were being fed by the same person. The thing my friend did that was key was to keep expanding the search area where she was putting up posters. Her cat wandered into another town a few miles away. She did not have posters there originally. Her vet's office was very helpful to her with making contact with other vets in the area. One of the vet's on her personal time actually called other vets offices in the area and got permission to post fliers in the waiting rooms. My friend's cat was actually found because the daughter shared a picture she had taken of my friend's cat in her mom's yard with a neighbor. The neighbor told the daughter that the cat in the picture looked like one in a flyer she had seen in her vet's office that morning. The neighbor actually took the daughter to the vet's office to look at the flyer.

Last edited: May 16, 2018 at 8:41 AM