Distraught - my cat has been missing for almost 2 weeks.

draev_xx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We are going through the same thing with a missing cat. We have done all the things including hiring Pet Detective. It is has been devastating.
Any updates? How does your pet detective work? Mine's set me up with an awareness campaign that looks big, bright, and yellow. I have gotten messages from people saying they liked my poster and where I got them but they are more impressed on the quality and want to wish me well.

My cat went missing Jan. 14th of 2018 and now its almost mid May, by now most of my 16 x 20'' signs have been taken down by the city but now I'm getting this urge to update with new photos and hang them up again, what would you guys do?

heartintx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Our little Zeke is still misisng. It’s been 5 weeks now. We haven’t had any confirmed sightings. I have even used reiki with map dowsing and they say he isn’t far within a mile on the other end of our neighborhood but we haven’t had any luck. We live on the lake with a lot of woods. I’m not giving up. We just put flyers in all the mailboxes. Even though we have signs up and there is only one way in and out I know There are people that just don’t pay attention. I woukd put another round of flyers out for sure for your kitty.

It’s been so hard. I feel Your pain.

Any updates? How does your pet detective work? Mine's set me up with an awareness campaign that looks big, bright, and yellow. I have gotten messages from people saying they liked my poster and where I got them but they are more impressed on the quality and want to wish me well.

My cat went missing Jan. 14th of 2018 and now its almost mid May, by now most of my 16 x 20'' signs have been taken down by the city but now I'm getting this urge to update with new photos and hang them up again, what would you guys do?

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry your baby is still missing. One thing you can do when you are interacting with people during your search is to educate them about micro-chips. A friend of mine did this when she got her cat back that had been missing for almost two months. Her teaching people about micro-chips also helped re-unite some other cats with their owners that were being fed by the same person. The thing my friend did that was key was to keep expanding the search area where she was putting up posters. Her cat wandered into another town a few miles away. She did not have posters there originally. Her vet's office was very helpful to her with making contact with other vets in the area. One of the vet's on her personal time actually called other vets offices in the area and got permission to post fliers in the waiting rooms. My friend's cat was actually found because the daughter shared a picture she had taken of my friend's cat in her mom's yard with a neighbor. The neighbor told the daughter that the cat in the picture looked like one in a flyer she had seen in her vet's office that morning. The neighbor actually took the daughter to the vet's office to look at the flyer.

Last edited:

Slipknot

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, i was searching up in google for something to gain hope, ik years has passed since you went through that, i wanted to know if u finally find your cat, now im in the same situation, my 6 months old boy ran away last week and still hasnt returned... i miss him sm:confused:

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
My cat has been missing for 20 days I'm worried sick.
Indoor cat is outside and won't come in!

Welcome to The Cat Site! I am sorry that you are missing your cat, but don't give up. We have had lost cats return weeks later. The above are some recent threads with articles and suggestions which might help you to get started on a search for him. Was he fixed?
The OP in this thread, and some other members, have not been back for quite a while, so you may not get a response.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
S Slipknot I certainly suggest you start your very own thread here in this forum. You'll get a LOT more response that way! I'll keep an eye out for it!