Disposable Bowls

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone tried these before? Co-worker was asking me about them because he wants to get them for his dog and cat who don't eat right away and the food ends up drying onto the bowl. For some reason, wife thinks soaking the bowls in hot water for a few minutes is too much of a hassle. :rolleyes: I told him I don't have an issue with Boone and Gracie not eating right away anymore but I'd ask on here.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07K8Y8JN5/?tag=thecatsite

Babypaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
To me it’s just more trash in the landfills, whether they are biodegradable or not.
how many years would it take to be decomposed?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
W Willowy Trust me, these people have no problem spending money on worthless stuff. :lol: As far as biodegradable, I wage to bet they could care less. If she thinks soaking a bowl is a pain, I don't think she cares about what is in a landfill. 🤷‍♀️ Knowing the co-worker and this being his third wife, I'm sure he will cave and get the bowls. :lol:

Babypaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That’s the problem nowadays…people wanting everything to-be easier for them without the thought of “cost” or the “environment”..that’s why we’re in the situation of global warmer etc etc….people getting too lazy to do the right thing…

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
W Willowy Trust me, these people have no problem spending money on worthless stuff. :lol: As far as biodegradable, I wage to bet they could care less. If she thinks soaking a bowl is a pain, I don't think she cares about what is in a landfill. 🤷‍♀️ Knowing the co-worker and this being his third wife, I'm sure he will cave and get the bowls. :lol:
Haha, I suppose you can slap "pet" on any product and charge more for it and someone will still buy it. I should start selling bottled water "for cats" or something like that :rolleyes2: .

I don't think not wanting to soak the bowl is all that bad but you gotta wonder why it doesn't occur to them that Dixie bowls might work for their purposes. "But it doesn't say it's for pets on the package!" probably, lol.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha, I suppose you can slap "pet" on any product and charge more for it and someone will still buy it. I should start selling bottled water "for cats" or something like that :rolleyes2: .

I don't think not wanting to soak the bowl is all that bad but you gotta wonder why it doesn't occur to them that Dixie bowls might work for their purposes. "But it doesn't say it's for pets on the package!" probably, lol.
I will suggest the Dixie bowls and let it be what it's going to be.

ladytimedramon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If I'm in a hurry once in a while I'll grab a paper plate or bowl. The only problem is Delilah knocks it off the cat tree (where I feed her) so I need to put it on the floor. She has no problem with it.