Disgusted with my cats.

meaganandalbert

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
HI all,

So i was looking after a friends cat, he had his own room and he was getting on just fine, anyway, as i was walking into my room Teenie runs and i was like NOOO because i thought Bullwinkle would freak out but he didn't and they soon were grooming one another and loving up to each other and i was like AWW thats nice now he won't feel so lonely while he stays. So i went out of the house for about an hour just feeding the animals and other stuff and i come back in and OH MY GOD They are mating on MY BED. I was horrified. As i walked in they just stood up casually as if it was okay to make babies on my bed but heres the thing. They were both desexed at the time. Now i didn't know that desire was still there? Anyway, just want to know how this can be if they have both had their sexual organ/s removed, years before by the way, Bullwinkle was desexed 3 years earlier and Teenie 1 year.

Burning my sheets but still slaving away for the cats lol

-M&A 

dkb817

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's my understanding (and someone can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) that just because your cat is spayed or neutered does not mean that they don't still get the urge to mate.  It just means that nothing productive will really come from it.  

I have an almost 18 year old tabby who was neutered when he was about 3 years old, and there are times when he still seems to get that urge.  It's perfectly natural.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

meaganandalbert

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow. I figured because all my males who are neutered have absolutely zero to do with the females in that way that they just lose that desire. Especially the females but she was acting as though she was in heat. :S 

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It can be a show of dominance.  My male cat does this to my female cat and both have been fixed.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Yes, as Miss Mew says, it's more a dominance issue..  And it's a lot better than a full-on fight.

It looks like they may get on, which is nice if you ever need to look after your friend's cat again.

But I can understand your shock...   

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

meaganandalbert

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lol, uhh, just shocking to walk in on. LOL of course i will look after him again :) If he and teenie want to PLAY that's fine. I'm glad they don't fight but still, my bed? Come on!!! on the floor or something!