Discord Server Recs?

rockitorknockit

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wondering if anyone here is a member of any good cat-related discord servers? "Cats" is such a broad and popular topic, so looking for more specific recommendations from people who are actually already in some! Would particularly be interested in ones focused on cat health/support for owners with sick cats, but would like to hear any and all recommendations. Thanks!

furmonster mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A few of my Discord servers have pet threads, but I’ve never looked for any cat specific servers. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Interesting thought 🤔

furmonster mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is a discord server?
Discord is a chat platform that a lot of gamers use, much like Ventrillo and Teamspeak.
It supports text, pictures, and voice chat. A person can “host” a server on the platform, which people can then join to converse. The server is up 24/7 (as opposed to other call based platforms), and can have several sub-channels (like threads). It started out pretty simple, but the pandemic caused a surge in usage and now it’s fairly robust and not necessarily limited to gamers anymore.

Since I started using it for gaming, most of the servers I’m in are game related. Though I haven’t done much gaming lately, so I don’t frequent them as much as I used to.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Discord is a chat platform that a lot of gamers use, much like Ventrillo and Teamspeak.
It supports text, pictures, and voice chat. A person can “host” a server on the platform, which people can then join to converse. The server is up 24/7 (as opposed to other call based platforms), and can have several sub-channels (like threads). It started out pretty simple, but the pandemic caused a surge in usage and now it’s fairly robust and not necessarily limited to gamers anymore.

Since I started using it for gaming, most of the servers I’m in are game related. Though I haven’t done much gaming lately, so I don’t frequent them as much as I used to.
Thanks for the explanation. I don't do gaming and never heard of Ventrillo or Teamspeak either, so none of it means much to me.
The only chat rooms I've ever used have been work related.