Discharge help !

AJ96

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat Sasha is pregnant, I'm not sure how far along but you can see the babies moving and feel them . She had a yellowish clear discharge last night, and what looked like her stomach contracting, she wouldn't let me touch her which has never happened and she was clearly uncomfortable, running every time the contraction happened and wouldn't sit down more than a few seconds. Her stomach felt hard .Didnt even touch her food. Today she has more clear discharge and looks smaller somehow , is she close to labor ? She acts completely normal

Attachments

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The babies may have dropped to line up in the birth canal, and she lost her mucous plug. She would look smaller then, They will not move much now, and birth is close, although it could be a few more days.....

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

AJ96

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Today she has been trying to get outside , meowing constantly and having some diarrhea is this normal?

AJ96

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She sleeps all day and night

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
meowing constantly
It is, I'm not sure about the diarrhea. Have you been feeding her more canned food - try smelly things to entice her? Maybe kitten food to help get more nutrition into her? Try handfeeding if she's too distracted to eat.

AJ96

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Her stomach is smaller now and she looks less pregnant , my fiance said maybe she was so huge from gas but I think shes pregnant from just how big she was and the discharge she had , also her nipple are really red with crust on the sides and losing hair around them ? Any opinions

Attachments

AJ96

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She has never had kittens before so I'm not sure what to expect and no her diet has not changed any

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Her body may be cleaning out, preparing for birth. You'll have to watch her closely, she will try hard to escape to privately have her babies. She is close! Sleeping a lot is normal, as is crying for attention. Be near her if she wants comforting during birth. First time mothers may need help cleaning the birth sac from the baby's mouth. Her licking them is what stimulates them to breathe. She may need you to help. Cat mothers usually do fine, all the luck!

AJ96

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She hasn't been back outside since she got pregnant so no worries , she just tries to go lol. Nothing yet, her stomach hangs and is very tight . You can feel veins in her stomach and she is pacing/meowing non stop today going in every room like shes looking for a place to have them .

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Do you have nests set up for her in a couple of dark private places? Show them to her so she has options. She sounds close!

AJ96

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes but she doesnt seem to want any of them . She is massive , has to be uncomfortable
Do you have nests set up for her in a couple of dark private places? Show them to her so she has options. She sounds close!