Discharge from my cat's vagina?

nadiamorhakim

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Photo attached below, photo shows my cat's private area looking quite messy so heads up!

So my munchkin, Mochi, is 7 months now, about to be 8 months in a few days. She was in heat from 15 March - 18 March for three whole days, and on 18 March, I caught my 7 month old male cat mating with her and after that, her heat cycle stopped till now.

Few days after 18 March, she slept a lot and recently, her appetite really decreased and she would sometimes throw up (not much) in the morning. She's been mostly sleeping.

Today I caught her back area looking absolute messy, we thought it was dried feces or something, since she usually doesn't do the best job at grooming her private area. But we noticed the mess mostly came from her vaginal area, not anus. It looked like this long cream-ish discharge that wasn't liquidy but not that firm either. It was hanging below her vagina on some fur, but her vagina had some white sticky discharge surrounding it.

Since she's also unspayed and her heat period immediately stopped after the mating, I wonder if she's pregnant, and if this discharge has to do anything with it.
C359D99F-4253-4EDF-A486-87117BE7C1D7.jpeg
711DAE25-F260-4FDE-8EF5-8CC398CAA958.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh dear! She is much too young to be pregnant, which she likely is, and she may have a vaginal infection as well. Get her to the vet, and show these pictures. She may need an antibiotic as this discharge is not normal.

Additionally, you need to neuter your male cat and spay her now so they do not continue to mate and she does not have to bear kittens when she is a kitten herself. In the meantime, keep the two cats apart.

Please let us know what the vet says.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nadiamorhakim

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh dear! She is much too young to be pregnant, which she likely is, and she may have a vaginal infection as well. Get her to the vet, and show these pictures. She may need an antibiotic as this discharge is not normal.

Additionally, you need to neuter your male cat and spay her now so they do not continue to mate and she does not have to bear kittens when she is a kitten herself. In the meantime, keep the two cats apart.

Please let us know what the vet says.
Indeed! It is definitely my mistake as well for not neutering both her and my male cat earlier.

I had brought her to the vet earlier and the vet put her on antibiotics and anti-inflammatory, as well as some multivitamins to help with her loss of appetite. The vet also told me it was too early to detect a pregnancy but she did say that her vagina was most probably infected, suspected pyometra. It was said that if her infection persists, I have to bring her back to them and they would need to spay her immediately to avoid any more severe spreading of the infection.

One way or another, I will definitely spay her soon.

A lesson learned and hopefully she recovers soon. I will definitely schedule an appointment to neuter all three of my cats, which two of them are females and one of them is a male.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I’m glad you recognize the perils here and that you intend to spay and neuter ASAP. The spay will remove her uterus, which will get rid of suspected pyometra. In the meantime, her vaginal infection is hopefully healing. Poor thing had a bad one! All of your cats will be healthier and happier once they are fixed. Go ahead and set up the appointments! 😊