Disappointed With New Litter Robot 4

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat likes to dig to China when he uses the litter box so I have to get a new inner liner once every couple of years. I went to the website today to order one and saw that they actually have the litter robot 4 coming out!

Litter-Robot 4

I got excited but I watched the video and it looked a little smaller. I checked the dimensions of the user manual and dimensions of the inside are as follows:

robot 4:
H 15-17" depending on litter level
W 19"
D 18"

robot 3:
H 15-17"
W 20"
D 20"

Now why they had to make it smaller on the inside is beyond me!! I have 2 full sized males and the robot 3 is just big enough for them so this is such a disappointment. I was looking for improved features but of course companies don't seem to know what's actually good for cats.

Tigger's Mum

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat likes to dig to China when he uses the litter box so I have to get a new inner liner once every couple of years. I went to the website today to order one and saw that they actually have the litter robot 4 coming out!

Litter-Robot 4

I got excited but I watched the video and it looked a little smaller. I checked the dimensions of the user manual and dimensions of the inside are as follows:

robot 4:
H 15-17" depending on litter level
W 19"
D 18"

robot 3:
H 15-17"
W 20"
D 20"

Now why they had to make it smaller on the inside is beyond me!! I have 2 full sized males and the robot 3 is just big enough for them so this is such a disappointment. I was looking for improved features but of course companies don't seem to know what's actually good for cats.
Glad you posted this as we are going to be buying a Litter Robot in the next few weeks. I looked at the LR4 but didn't really want the WiFi as I felt it was not really that useful as I'm retired now and home all day or my son is. Cats are very seldom on their own for more than a couple of hours. The LR4 app would probably be useful for anyone working or away from home for a few days. Interesting that the dimensions on the LR4 are smaller. There's a lot of competition now and one that seems to be up and coming is the Pura Max 2. We looked at it and decided against it. Will stick with the tried and trusted LR3.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad you posted this as we are going to be buying a Litter Robot in the next few weeks. I looked at the LR4 but didn't really want the WiFi as I felt it was not really that useful as I'm retired now and home all day or my son is. Cats are very seldom on their own for more than a couple of hours. The LR4 app would probably be useful for anyone working or away from home for a few days. Interesting that the dimensions on the LR4 are smaller. There's a lot of competition now and one that seems to be up and coming is the Pura Max 2. We looked at it and decided against it. Will stick with the tried and trusted LR3.
Same we will be sticking with the LR3 for as long as possible. I actually emailed them asking why they made it smaller and will they be making an XL version lol. Will let you know if they send an interesting reply.

Tigger's Mum

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Same we will be sticking with the LR3 for as long as possible. I actually emailed them asking why they made it smaller and will they be making an XL version lol. Will let you know if they send an interesting reply.
Yes. I'd like to know what they say about that. The LR4 being smaller than the LR3 is probably to keep manufacturing costs down.

ladytimedramon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've been debating on a litter robot, mostly because the cost of the scoopfree cartridges has jumped up. The problem is I need to be able to use a crystal litter due to one of my kitties' paws.

Tigger's Mum

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've been debating on a litter robot, mostly because the cost of the scoopfree cartridges has jumped up. The problem is I need to be able to use a crystal litter due to one of my kitties' paws.
You need to use clumping litter with them. You can get very fine clumping litter which might suit your cat's paws.

ladytimedramon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You need to use clumping litter with them. You can get very fine clumping litter which might suit your cat's paws.
I would have to find a clumping crystal. When I used clay or corn litters Delilah chewed her paws like crazy - to the point you could see pink skin under her white fur. She hated wood.

Tigger's Mum

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I would have to find a clumping crystal. When I used clay or corn litters Delilah chewed her paws like crazy - to the point you could see pink skin under her white fur. She hated wood.
Your cat and me would make a fine pair. I can't stand wood litter. I'm asthmatic and it really irritates me. My cats don't like it either. I use Sanicat clumping which is clay based but quite fine and would be good in a Robot. I have an Omega Paws Roll 'n' Clean box (one of them) and found to be good. I also use unscented litters because my cats don't like the scented variety.

For the open boxes I use Kittyfriend which is just normal non-clumping litter but very good and it's antibacterial. I'm in the UK so not sure what's available elsewhere. I did try the crystal type litter when it first came on the market a few years ago. It was good but with 11 cats at that time it wasn't practical or economical.

ladytimedramon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thankfully I only have 2. But with 2 of the scoopfree litter boxes (they have cartridges that scoop) its expensive. With my back problems I need automatic, and I really don't want to worry about sanitizing the refillable all the time.

Tigger's Mum

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thankfully I only have 2. But with 2 of the scoopfree litter boxes (they have cartridges that scoop) its expensive. With my back problems I need automatic, and I really don't want to worry about sanitizing the refillable all the time.
I sympathise. I have back problems too. My adult son who lives with me (he has had lifelong health problems and is a kidney transplantee) is planning a trip to Scotland in the next few months. He cleans the litter boxes and has said we're getting a Litter Robot which will make life easy for me when he's visiting his sister.