Dinner Time!

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I fed the pets in their usual manner this evening, then remembered my camera was handy. Snapped this just before the dogs finished snarfing their meal and trying to steal from the cats. I have to keep a close eye on things in the 3 minutes it takes everyone to finish! LOL

Left to right is Sally, Ziggy, Brillo, Felix and Katie.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks! I guess they are well-mannered. They all know their "spot" and will wait there while the food is being prepared. The dogs are trained to go into the "down" position with a hand signal, before they get their food.

When we have petsitters, they are amazed that everyone knows what to do and it makes it so easy for them. However, it's always a battle to keep the dogs out of the cats' food bowls so I've begun having them sit/stay until the cats are finished, then they jump up and "clean" the bowls.

Dogs--such ANIMALS!

Cally

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How wonderful that they're not trying to horn in on each other's food! Great looking crew!!

We have assigned feeding areas, too, and both Hannah and Tumbles know their spot. Tumbles is learning to wait until Hannah finishes before trying to "clean" her bowl.

momto3boys

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is awesome!!

I just put my dogs in the bedroom, feed the cats, once the cats are done I let the dogs out to clean up and then they get theirs...haha.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is so cool how they all eat together, and don't fight each other like my 2

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatMom2Wires

The dogs are trained to go into the "down" position with a hand signal, before they get their food.
Have you ever read The Story Of Edgar Sawtelle? I'm in the middle of it (audiobook on my work commute) and it is about a mute boy born into a dog breeding family. He trains the dogs by signs, and your post just made me think of it.
It is a wonderful book so far, I'm about halfway through (19 discs, I think
).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, I haven't read that, but it sounds very interesting. I can see how they could easily be trained, as they observe and react to the smallest of physical signals.

C