Dine vs Whiska

StanAndAlf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't currently feed either of these brands, but I see them in stores everywhere, so I was wondering, which wet food is better, Dine or Whiska?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've never heard of Dine. What country are you in?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think mani mani might have an opinion on those brands and suggest other good brands available in Australia.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Dine is made by Mars. It's one of the big supermarket brands. Mine won't eat it. Both of mine are on special diets S StanAndAlf , but if I get any cat food from the super it's usually some fancy feast, which they rather like. I've never fed Whiskas as I feel it's pretty much the bottom of the rung here.
What food are you currently feeding?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

StanAndAlf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I know I'm going to get some comments on this, but I currently feed Science Diet Indoor Cat dry food, with Science Diet Optimal health wet food and some raw chicken once a week. My cats seem to be doing very well on this, perfect stool with no smell, endless energy, bright eyes and soft coat with minimal shedding, and they are a good weight, but I am careful with portioning.

I am just considering adding a different brand of wet food, for a bit of variance. I was considering Fancy Feast actually, though in my store they are only sold separately, and not in a box, which seems more expensive. Any info you can give on that brand would be appreciated as well!

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I know I'm going to get some comments on this, but I currently feed Science Diet Indoor Cat dry food, with Science Diet Optimal health wet food and some raw chicken once a week. My cats seem to be doing very well on this, perfect stool with no smell, endless energy, bright eyes and soft coat with minimal shedding, and they are a good weight, but I am careful with portioning.

I am just considering adding a different brand of wet food, for a bit of variance. I was considering Fancy Feast actually, though in my store they are only sold separately, and not in a box, which seems more expensive. Any info you can give on that brand would be appreciated as well!
People all have their 'thing' about cat food. I think what you are feeding them is fine. I also used to go for variety, but my girl has such a sensitive stomach and often vomits when I try something new. What I tend to do is stick to what works, and sometimes add something like fancy feast to the dish so there's a bit of both. But that's just my way. :)
I usually use Fancy Feast Medleys Poultry Collection Wet Cat Food
but take care with the turkey if there's sensitivity.. I think it's a bit rich, but then, once again, my girl is really sensitive.

StanAndAlf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you for being so respectful, I appreciate it. I haven't really changed around their food before, they went from Science Diet kitten straight to what I feed them now, so I don't know if they are sensitive. Perhaps I will try some Fancy Feast and see how it goes, but as an occasional treat. Thank you for your help!

StanAndAlf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just an update for anyone interested, I tried the Fancy Feast and my boys love it! I am thinking if transitioning into 50/50 Fancy Feast and Science Diet Optimal Care wet food, so thank you!